Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Machanenu - new girls sleep away camp

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 10:02 pm
Can anyone tell me anything about this? What camps can we compare this to in terms of the crowd? Is it out of town by crude or is it in town? Yeshivish? Tznius level? Shtark girls?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 7:39 am
I came here to ask the same question as op. I would love to know anything that someone can tell me. Is this going to be the first year or were they already open this past summer?

The questions in OP's post are really good and that's the main thing I want to know but I also would be interested if anyone knows why they're charging so much more than other camps ($3500).

Thank you!

amother
Rainbow

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 7:52 am
amother OP wrote:
I came here to ask the same question as op. I would love to know anything that someone can tell me. Is this going to be the first year or were they already open this past summer?

The questions in OP's post are really good and that's the main thing I want to know but I also would be interested if anyone knows why they're charging so much more than other camps ($3500).

Thank you!

You are the same person as the OP- wondering why you are trying to pretend you’re a second person asking the same question if you’re anon.
No clue about machanenu

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 03 2024, 8:11 am
Okay honey relax! I forgot I started this thread and I came on here to ask this question because I forgot I had already asked it and I did a search and I saw that they're already was a thread so I added on to it. No need to accuse me of anything. If you don't have something nice to say then don't say it at all. Didn't your mother ever tell you that? I saw an email that there was a response and I came on and this is what I have to read?

amother
DarkYellow

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 11:56 am
Any info about this camp?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 12:05 pm
The director said on the interview the director told us that most girls are from New York and New Jersey but we definitely know of a bunch of out of town girls as well. From what they wrote they are discouraging brands and all those things but honestly I don't know what type all the girls are who are going so until my daughter gets there we won't know and I really really hope that it's not a snobby group of girls who like brands because my daughter is totally not bringing any brands at all and I hope it's going to be really good but we're really just using a leap of faith here and sending her because she didn't have anywhere else to go.

If anyone knows anymore about the girls going to this camp, please respond.

amother
Ebony

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 12:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
The director said on the interview the director told us that most girls are from New York and New Jersey but we definitely know of a bunch of out of town girls as well. From what they wrote they are discouraging brands and all those things but honestly I don't know what type all the girls are who are going so until my daughter gets there we won't know and I really really hope that it's not a snobby group of girls who like brands because my daughter is totally not bringing any brands at all and I hope it's going to be really good but we're really just using a leap of faith here and sending her because she didn't have anywhere else to go.

If anyone knows anymore about the girls going to this camp, please respond.

Same here. I don't know anymore than you and taking the same leap of faith. My daughter will not be bringing any brands.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 12:39 pm
My girls are going too. Not into brands

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 12:43 pm
My niece is going
Great fun girl , she is not snobby at all

amother
Snapdragon

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 12:43 pm
From what I heard it's really a solid camp! Really good girls are going there.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 1:04 pm
I know of 2 girls going. The type to go to agudah widwest or maarava and wear long straight denim skirts to camp.
Good, solid, torahdik JPF homes.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 1:15 pm
Wow thank you so much for all the replies.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 11:51 am
I wish they didn't have a waiting list:(

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 12:02 pm
amother DarkYellow wrote:
I wish they didn't have a waiting list:(

Oy I'm sorry. We only apply there because the other two camps we applied to we were put on the wait list for and so then I applied over here and BH she was accepted.

amother
Narcissus

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 12:03 pm
Ooh this sounds perfect for my daughter. (We live out of town). Is it really full already??

NechaMom

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 12:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
Okay honey relax! I forgot I started this thread and I came on here to ask this question because I forgot I had already asked it and I did a search and I saw that they're already was a thread so I added on to it. No need to accuse me of anything. If you don't have something nice to say then don't say it at all. Didn't your mother ever tell you that? I saw an email that there was a response and I came on and this is what I have to read?

Being that the first and second posts are a month apart it’s pretty obvious that you forgot you’re the op. It’s funny actually. You didn’t deserve that nasty comment. Smile

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 12:48 pm
amother Narcissus wrote:
Ooh this sounds perfect for my daughter. (We live out of town). Is it really full already??

I don't know but usually it's age dependent. Some ages might be full and some might not. The best thing to do is contact them.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 12:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
I don't know but usually it's age dependent. Some ages might be full and some might not. The best thing to do is contact them.

Maybe I'll call. Good idea.

emee2

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 12:07 am
amother Bottlebrush wrote:
I know of 2 girls going. The type to go to agudah widwest or maarava and wear long straight denim skirts to camp.
Good, solid, torahdik JPF homes.

Is this the general crowd?

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 1:26 am
emee2 wrote:
Is this the general crowd?

No clue.
Maybe ask the camp which schools have a bunch of girls going.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps