Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
FIG FLIP 2–Anyone have it?
Previous  1  2

amother
Gladiolus

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 10:11 am
amother OP wrote:
First, you have a kosher smart phone.

Second, there is no way to remove the filter on the FIG as far as I know. It is set up and there is nothing that can be changed. There are ways to get past the iphone filter, so it is less "kosher"
you can also take it to TAG whenever you like to add more apps. As far as I know, once they open it for you, you can add whatever you want and then they'll relock it. How kosher is that really?

Third, the fig is extremely limited. It has a total of what, 4 apps outside of text and call? How many apps do you have on your phone?
You can’t get around the iPhone filter without taking it to tag. And yes, you can have tag take off the filter, but then again you can also just buy a new phone. Not sure what your point is.

How many apps do I have on my phone? Very few. The whole point is to not use your phone more than necessary.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 10:17 am
amother Gladiolus wrote:
You can’t get around the iPhone filter without taking it to tag. And yes, you can have tag take off the filter, but then again you can also just buy a new phone. Not sure what your point is.

How many apps do I have on my phone? Very few. The whole point is to not use your phone more than necessary.

Okay, so for you it's a kosher phone. What do you want me to say?

It cannot be said across the board for smartphone users with a filter. They may have tons and tons of apps with a filter. How is that kosher?

However, a FIG is across the board a kosher phone. There is no way to alter it. What you see is what you get.

There is a clear difference.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 10:20 am
amother OP wrote:
Okay, so for you it's a kosher phone. What do you want me to say?

It cannot be said across the board for smartphone users with a filter. They may have tons and tons of apps with a filter. How is that kosher?

However, a FIG is across the board a kosher phone. There is no way to alter it. What you see is what you get.

There is a clear difference.
Ok let’s reframe this. Why is it better to have a fig than to have a kosher iPhone?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 11:21 am
amother Gladiolus wrote:
Ok let’s reframe this. Why is it better to have a fig than to have a kosher iPhone?

It all depends on the person. One is not inherently better than the other.

The question is, what does the person want to gain by having a full kosher phone, a FIG/QIN phone, a filtered smart phone, or an open smartphone? Or no phone at all!

amother
Ultramarine

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 2:36 pm
amother Gladiolus wrote:

One can argue that it's better because a kosher iPhone looks like an iPhone and makes using an iPhone considered acceptable and mainstream. The FIG phone looks like a flip phone, is a flip phone and doesn't have the capabilities to have anything beyond what everyone knows it has. It doesn't have WhatsApp, videos or the capability to add apps.

amother
Molasses

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 4:30 pm
amother Gladiolus wrote:
Fig is a smart flip phone not a dumb phone. It’s good for social reasons so it shouldn’t look like you have a smart phone. But it’s really a filtered smart phone.

This is absolutely not true.
It is definitely NOT a smartphone.

You obviously do not have a Fig so why would you comment on it without knowing?! Someone here is apt to believe you and might make their decision based on that falsehood.

The Fig is a phone that is BUILT WITHOUT browser capability at all.

It is NOT a filtered phone.

What they did was to build the phone with a couple pre installed apps (Waze, White Pages, Weather and Zmanim). That is all. No apps can be added.

And it cannot be ‘hacked’ into because it does NOT have browser capability in the first place.

Unlike other flip phones which must be filtered as they DO technically have browser capability.

Yes it has touch screen and the graphics are pretty good for a flip phone.

One CANNOT even receive videos from others.

Just FYI is all.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics