Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Otd son bought a smartphone
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 9:50 pm
amother Blue wrote:
Unfortunately if you speak to parents of OTD kids you will notice a pattern of kids doing exactly that: they get to do whatever they want in your house!! Because it's their house too, they don't have another one!!!

That's why it's really important to keep a good relationship with your kids, they'll want to please you and listen to the rules!!

If they were listening to rules, they wouldn't be OTD!

Not really. They might do what they want outside of the house or in private. In the house, they show some respect for the family. I don’t believe any Rabbi would say that a child is OTD so they can do whatever they want in the house. Even for the most lenient parent, there will be certain things that will not happen. Are you saying parents should silently watch an OTD child wreak havoc on their home? They don’t listen to rules so you give up on them? They can bring in drugs, girls, cigarettes, bad language, whatever they want? There is a point where any parent in their right mind will put up a boundary and it can be done with kindness and respect.

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 7:10 pm
I have found Kesher Nafshi to be the only organization that gives you tools to really handle this type of situation properly. It’s t changed our lives. And I’ve heard from my grown kids how impressed they are at the changes we have made due to Kesher Nafshi.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children