Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
14 Suppers Under $14- UPDATE page 3
Previous  1  2  3  4

tichellady

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 12:08 am
You are awesome for doing this

JLi

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 12:36 am
OP, thank you sooooo very much
This is very much appreciated!

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 9:27 am
Thank you so much!!! Planning to make them.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 10:07 am
As I was leaving the pizza store yesterday with a pie of pizza, garlic knots and breaded cauliflower for $35 to feed 5 people I was mentally doing the calculations to see how much extra I spent on supper with pizza store food. It’s not like we’re eating free food at home. Everything costs 💵 . Even a bag of pasta, a can of tomato sauce and a few slices of cheese… I was trying to figure out how much it costs when I make chicken cutlets and serve with baguettes or ground beef with rice… I got close to $20. Still a lot less than I spent on the pizza last night. I really enjoyed your breakdown and menu ideas. I’m an expert with taking shortcuts in the kitchen but I’m not so good with the actual breakdown of costs. Very eye opening to read!

overworkedraizy

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 1:39 am
Sounds yumm now we need instructions how u make them. Full recipe please

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 10:34 am
Love these recipes! This is how I try to plan meals also!
We live in Brooklyn, and another yummy inexpensive supper we make is chicken wings with a bag or broccoli and rice (pre seasoned from moishas used t go on sale for $2 a lb, now 2.50 but can sometimes find plain chicken wings for 2)
We also make lasagna (with cottage cheese with 2 eggs mixed in for more protein)
We also make homemade waffles and pancakes with hash browns and split plea soup (from a bag).

Or make your own pizza with veggie toppings and mazor pizza dough.
Wish I had op’s ability to list with prices, but just figured more supper ideas won’t hurt.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 5:17 pm
amother OP wrote:
With the price of groceries so high, I thought it might be helpful to people if I post a list of the suppers I frequently serve that are easy to make and don’t break the bank. They’re all under $14, some of them are under $10. They’re not detailed recipes, just a breakdown of costs. I’m happy to answer any questions! Can post more suppers if you’d like as well.

Disclaimers:
- The quantity of food is what I personally make to feed my family of 2 adults and 2 children. Adjust accordingly. I think the portions listed here are generous, so they may feed more. If you have a larger family, you can add more starches/carbs in many of the recipe, to stretch your dollar.
- Prices are from stores in the Monsey area, costs will likely be much higher OOT but will be similar in Brooklyn and Lakewood.
- Some of these are sale prices but not “once a year” type sales.
- Whenever I mention “ground beef” I’m referring to Evergreen’s ground beef and chicken mixture.

Just curious, I bought the ground beef and chicken mixture from evergreen based on this thread. Is it supposed to be so sticky? I tried making hamburgers and had to add in tons of breadcrumbs because it wouldn't form into a patty shape at all

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 5:51 pm
amother Plum wrote:
Just curious, I bought the ground beef and chicken mixture from evergreen based on this thread. Is it supposed to be so sticky? I tried making hamburgers and had to add in tons of breadcrumbs because it wouldn't form into a patty shape at all

No I never had that problem. Maybe make your hands wet before you touch it?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 6:18 pm
amother Plum wrote:

Yes it's super sticky. I oil the burger shaper (lid of a deli container lol) or gloves when working with a mixed grind.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics