Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Toilet training 6 year old

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 12:45 pm
My 6-year-old does not toilet trained through the night! Any tips?? He wakes up with a soaking wet pull up every single morning! No matter what I tried to bribe him with.. I've also tried just putting underwear on. But he would have accidents every night.

amother
Dandelion

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 12:46 pm
Having same problem with my 6 yr old

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 12:54 pm
Yep, some kids don't stay dry through the night until later than that. They say it's a hormonal thing and usually resolves on its own. If it starts up as a new thing, then it could be constipation related.

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 12:59 pm
You're treating it as a lack of motivation but that's highly unlikely. The bribes may be making him feel bad because he cannot achieve this. What does he say when you ask him about it?

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 1:03 pm
Have you tried an alarm? It worked on 2 of my kids within a couple weeks

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 1:12 pm
It's almost always biological. One day he will wake up dry and that will be all, no effort required. Many kids aren't dry yet at this age.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 1:18 pm
It's still within the normal age range, I'd wait it out.
In my experience, it just has to click for the child, and not something you can necessarily train for.
Good luck

lkwdmum

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 1:42 pm
What type alarm helps with it? What does it do? I feel if he's woken by an alarm also he won't go back to bed

amother
Amaranthus

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 1:56 pm
My kids took until bet ages 7-10 to be dry at night. I would say let it go completely for now. All the bribing & convincing will not help with training but will make him feel bad like he's doing something wrong. Not worth it.

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Jan 02 2024, 2:05 pm
Ok so I did this with my kids at 3 years old and it was succesful but obviously im not saying its going to work for everyone. I had them pee right before bedtime (around 7) then wake them up around 11/12 to pee. It was less and less and then I saw it was reduced completely by a month. And then I switched to underwear. No accidents.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training