Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
Which one?

Pineapple

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 11:54 am
I am looking in to a digital camera I only want a canon power shot. I called B & H and the representative gave me two recomendations (one medium and one small)

This is the small one http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/......html

and this is the mediumone http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bn.....mp;Q=*&bhs=t&Go.x=32&Go.y=14

Any recomendations?

yummydd

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 12:38 pm
I would definitly reccomend the smaller one, I had both although not in this model but in an older version, and the smaller one made much better pics. my sister bought the bigger one as it had a lens if you didnt wanna use the screen and the shop told her to buy that one but she is very unhappy with it.

mom13

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 1:28 pm
go for the smaller one for sure!

Barbara

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 2:02 pm
Go to both CNET and Amazon to check the reviews on both before you decide.

FWIW, I have an older Power Shot that I love, but others have had problems with them.

rikismom

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 2:53 pm
I have the small one and I love it. It has rechargeable batteries while the big one doesn't and its also so compact and lightweight it fits in my bag and goes with me wherever I go.

GAMZu

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 12:19 am
Go to imagingresource.com
Find both cameras on there and read about them. There is like a $100 difference there. Is there a reason they recommended these 2 specifically?

In my research I have read that the "SD" series is better than the "A" series, which would push the decision to the first one.

Go to that site and compare. At the bottom of each page is a list of pros and cons. See what you can live with and what is a deal breaker.

But I'm still curious why they suggested those 2...? These aren't the latest models. Maybe they want to sell them out?

I myself got a Canon Powershot SX100 IS. What I love about it is that it has a 10x zoom, whereas the others you listed have only 3 and 4. I just don't think it's enough. And it has several manual modes, but if you don't plan on learning to use them you don't need it.
And it's $200

Pineapple

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 10:52 am
Gamzu I aksed for a canon power shot with no more than 8 mega pixels

GAMZu

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 7:52 pm
Mine is 8 MP Confused and there are many more Canon PS with 8 MP or less, too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art