Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
I really thought chanukah was a time for miracles

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 5:49 pm
And instead, it’s zos chanukah and I’m bawling. My husband needs a job. We have no money. He’s capable and talented in so many areas. This is killing him so badly.
He got a good job a few weeks ago. He was doing well and we thought this was it. Finally! HaShem had answered our tefillos! But no. The job changed their terms for payment. He gets paid per minute of what he produces. The problem is, that no one knows how many hours of work goes into each minute, not even the company. They hired him cuz of his expertise in his field and they have no idea what goes into it despite him telling them. He was getting a fixed salary until they decided to change that and pay per minute of produced work. He works all day, staying up till 2 AM each night, only to be told today, “we’re not paying you this week, there were no finished produced minutes” (because of edits and corrections) we can’t anymore. We’re broken and done with.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 5:51 pm
Sounds really hard. Can he look for a new job? This doesn't sound normal at all.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 5:54 pm
How are they allowed to change the terms? Was he hired with a contract?

amother
Calendula

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 5:54 pm
They're obviously taking advantage, this sounds ludicrous.

amother
Snowflake

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 5:55 pm
Oy that is so demoralizing. Has he reached out to any recruiters? He sounds like he can be a real asset to a company that could appreciate him.

Does he have specific expertise? My husband company is constantly looking for more employees.

amother
Mocha

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 6:00 pm
I'm sorry Crying
I've also been crying all evening. I know Hashem can do miracles but He's decided not to do them for me at the moment. I'm trying to look for His little hugs as much as I can, but sometimes that's hard too.

chanatron1000

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 6:02 pm
What they are doing is probably illegal.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 6:11 pm
Those payment terms make no sense and he should quit yesterday. Every single person in the digital industry charges. Either they charge for delivered product (1 hour of edited film) and cheshbon the price based on how long it takes them so it's a package rate, or they charge per hour. To do work and not get paid makes zero sense and they're just taking advantage.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 6:41 pm
amother Coral wrote:
How are they allowed to change the terms? Was he hired with a contract?

They hired him as an independent contractor - asked him to create his own business LLC, clearly because of this. It should’ve been a huge red flag but what do I know about these things.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 6:44 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:
Oy that is so demoralizing. Has he reached out to any recruiters? He sounds like he can be a real asset to a company that could appreciate him.

Does he have specific expertise? My husband company is constantly looking for more employees.

What is your husband looking for? I’d love to PM you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics