Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Classifieds
Boarding in Brooklyn (midwood area)

Starsfire1

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 1:52 am
Looking for a boarding home/family for Fall semester 2023, who live near Ocean Parkway and Ave R to help board two brothers 14 and 16 years old, attending nearby Yeshiva during weekdays (Shabbos away). Parents had to move away last year and the commute is to much for them, after 13 hours of learning, to have to commute 1-2 hours each way, twice per day. They are very Good frum boys, kind, quiet, attentive, no emotional issues, no learning issues, no disabilities, just have parents that live too far from their school. Would love to have a peaceful, relaxing, Toradig home, and some meals/snacks included (they have 3 meals at Yeshiva daily except for Sundays, Shabbos they would be away at parents' home). Ideal situation for a Rebbe or older family looking for a little extra vibrant, youthful company and some extra income. Willing to pay up to $5000 per month for top amenities and space/food options available. Any and all leads are very much appreciated!!

S11

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 6:31 am
Have you asked their yeshiva if they can recommend someone, maybe a rebbi?

snooper86

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 9:07 am
S11 wrote:
Have you asked their yeshiva if they can recommend someone, maybe a rebbi?

Love that idea.

scruffy

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 9:10 am
Starsfire1 wrote:
Looking for a boarding home/family for Fall semester 2023, who live near Ocean Parkway and Ave R to help board two brothers 14 and 16 years old, attending nearby Yeshiva during weekdays (Shabbos away). Parents had to move away last year and the commute is to much for them, after 13 hours of learning, to have to commute 1-2 hours each way, twice per day. They are very Good frum boys, kind, quiet, attentive, no emotional issues, no learning issues, no disabilities, just have parents that live too far from their school. Would love to have a peaceful, relaxing, Toradig home, and some meals/snacks included (they have 3 meals at Yeshiva daily except for Sundays, Shabbos they would be away at parents' home). Ideal situation for a Rebbe or older family looking for a little extra vibrant, youthful company and some extra income. Willing to pay up to $5000 per month for top amenities and space/food options available. Any and all leads are very much appreciated!!

If they're in the Mirrer Yeshiva, I know of an out of towner who dormed at about age 16 (they gave an exception to their usual rules)

bumpkin2

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 10:35 am
Mirrer helped to set up boarding by the rabbaim for my BIL when he attended.

Starsfire1

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 5:54 pm
Thank you so much for the ideas!

I was hoping to do the searches without the assistance of the Yeshiva at this time.
We're not on good terms because we moved and wanted to bring them to Yeshiva near us.
Plus, hope to open up the options to any nice family even if not related to that Yeshiva. Maybe even better if they are not related to that Yeshiva.

They let a 16 year old dorm with Beis Medrash students in their 18-20? That is great! My 16 year old is very immature though but the dorm is across the street, however, unfortunately I doubt they would also allow the 14 year old stay there, and I think it would be hard to place them in two homes/dorms, they are very close, inseparable.

shev143

Post Fri, Aug 18 2023, 7:23 pm
I know a few people in the area....I'm finding out if they are interested!

Starsfire1

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 3:04 pm
Which Rov is best to discuss the exception of allowing the Mesivta boys into beis medrash dorm ? R. Brudny? How / whom can I reach out to?
Boys still commuting 2 hrs daily 😕
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics