Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
S/O RBS housing /How much in Har Nof

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 7:07 am
For a largish 3 -4 bedroom apartment

I know Har Nof is expensive,

Just want to know how much

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 8:34 am
To give you an idea, we paid 4000 nis a month for a “illegal” decrepit 2 bedroom machsan apartment , but that was 10 years ago. I imagine 3-4 bedrooms would be double.

Success10

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 8:35 am
Rent or buy?

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 5:29 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
To give you an idea, we paid 4000 nis a month for a “illegal” decrepit 2 bedroom machsan apartment , but that was 10 years ago. I imagine 3-4 bedrooms would be double.

We paid 3500 nis for one tiny bedroom, one kitchenette, one bathroom in Har Nof about a year ago. Maybe 18-20 meters.

(Now living in an 80 meter apartment with three bedrooms for 2000 nis somewhere else)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 7:45 pm
To buy
And would appreciate how much in US would that be

amother
Latte

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 8:14 pm
OP A 4 bedroom apt. to rent in HarNof would be around 8000 - 9000 shekel.
Same thing in RBS would be 7000-8000 shekel.(in great condition. Nice kitchen and bathrooms. ) In RBS you might have a yard.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 1:38 pm
amother Latte wrote:
Same thing in RBS would be 7000-8000 shekel.(in great condition. Nice kitchen and bathrooms. ) In RBS you might have a yard.

And to purchase

amother
Narcissus

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 1:48 pm
amother Latte wrote:

I'm actually suprised. That seems really low to me. I live in a middle of the road in cost frum community and an apartment with 4 bedrooms would be more like $3,300 which is like 12000 nis. It seems like renting in Israel is cheaper/more bang for your buck than buying

Reality

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 2:03 pm
amother Latte wrote:

That's on the high end to rent a 4 bedroom in RBS. You can get for a lot less.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 2:06 pm
amother Narcissus wrote:
I'm actually suprised. That seems really low to me. I live in a middle of the road in cost frum community and an apartment with 4 bedrooms would be more like $3,300 which is like 12000 nis. It seems like renting in Israel is cheaper/more bang for your buck than buying

Financially renting isn't better than buying. Landlord may increase rent as he wants once contract has expired. Contract is usually for 1 year.

dats me

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 2:19 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Financially renting isn't better than buying. Landlord may increase rent as he wants once contract has expired. Contract is usually for 1 year.

Also, there are additional costs to take into account in Israel that you may not be aware of, that are the renter’s responsibility. There is Arnona, which is a yearly municipal tax that the renter pays, and there is monthly vaad bayit (building maintenance fees ).
Also , Israeli room sizes tend to be smaller than American rooms so you may be picturing an Israeli 3 bedroom to be a certain size while in reality it’s smaller than you imagine. On top of that, buildings don’t tend to have built in closets in the bedrooms, you have to add that in yourself in the form of furniture which takes up even more space…
I’m pointing these differences out to convey the point that renting in Israel is not as cheap as it appears when you just hear the base rental fee.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 2:31 pm
dats me wrote:
Also, there are additional costs to take into account in Israel that you may not be aware of, that are the renter’s responsibility. There is Arnona, which is a yearly municipal tax that the renter pays, and there is monthly vaad bayit (building maintenance fees ).
Also , Israeli room sizes tend to be smaller than American rooms so you may be picturing an Israeli 3 bedroom to be a certain size while in reality it’s smaller than you imagine. On top of that, buildings don’t tend to have built in closets in the bedrooms, you have to add that in yourself in the form of furniture which takes up even more space…
I’m pointing these differences out to convey the point that renting in Israel is not as cheap as it appears when you just hear the base rental fee.

I am aware of all of it Smile I live here BH.

dats me

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 2:35 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
I am aware of all of it Smile I live here BH.

I know , I wasn’t directing my post to you ( I actually thought I was quoting the person above you), but I am furthering your point .

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 10:53 am
Is there realtor.com equivalent in Israel - on-line
I’d like to see what s for sale in Har Nof
4bedroom - NOT - 4 rooms
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions