Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Toilet training

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 7:09 am
My 2 and a half year old tells me when she is dirty and her teacher thinks she is ready to go on the toilet. I bought pullups , underwear, stickers.... today is the first day and I'm nervous but excited. Tips?

amother
Aster

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 7:14 am
Ditch the pull-ups. I’m all for the commando way. No underwear no pants, long tshirt. Tons of messes at first. Don’t go anywhere if you can help it for a few days.

Pull-ups are diapers.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 7:16 am
lol not planning to. How will she get the sensation of underwear if she goes commando,?

amother
Aster

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 7:16 am
Also just know that you may give up and try again when she’s closer to 3 and that’s ok. But do try to stick it out for at least a few days if you can. And it will be messy.

Oh but do put the diaper back on for naps and night and explain she still will use a diaper for naps and night time. And you definitely want to use a diaper for sleep because pull-ups aren’t absorbent enough.

amother
Aster

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 7:17 am
amother OP wrote:
lol not planning to. How will she get the sensation of underwear if she goes commando,?

Trust me she won’t get the sense of underwear with a pull-up.
If you really want to get training underwear but I really really suggest commando. It works for so many. After a few days you can start using underwear.

amother
Aster

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 7:18 am
Of course do what you want. Just giving my suggestions 🙂.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 7:20 am
lol, thank you! I totally forgot what I did with the other 3 kids. Will let you know how it goes.

amother
Darkblue

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 8:18 am
amother OP wrote:

Sensation of underwear feels like sensation of diaper. Skip and go pantless altogether. Naked bottoms for 2-3 days and then underwear

amother
Seablue

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 8:21 am
amother Aster wrote:
Ditch the pull-ups. I’m all for the commando way. No underwear no pants, long tshirt. Tons of messes at first. Don’t go anywhere if you can help it for a few days.

Pull-ups are diapers.

My 2 year olds teacher asked us if we can bring pull ups to school bc she is expressing interest. So we’re doing that. I know nothing is better but obviously in school they can’t do that.
And honestly If they wanna potty train her but it takes longer I’m fine with that. Not in a rush

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 9:25 am
Ok, it's 2 hours in and she asks to go every 10 minutes and refuses to get off....advice?

amother
Clematis

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 9:30 am
amother OP wrote:
Ok, it's 2 hours in and she asks to go every 10 minutes and refuses to get off....advice?

lol I have the opposite problem! my 2yo tells me she needs the potty, I take her to the bathroom, pull down her pants take off her diaper hoist her up onto the potty only for her to climb down after about a second and refuse to try again... Diaper goes back on, pants back up and five minutes later she comes to me with a dirty diaper...

amother
Strawberry

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 9:32 am
I wld leave her there and give her books to read she’s probably excited to go on.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 10:56 am
She so far had one accident on the floor...we keep trying!

amother
Strawberry

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 11:15 am
Yes that’s normal sometimes it’s just accidents for a full couple of days

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 11:17 am
2nd accident on the floor, after putting her on the toilet for 10 minutes....need support I'm doing this right and it will be ok!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 2:41 pm
She made on the toilet after not going a long time! Yay!

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 2:42 pm
Yay! Let her have lots of yummy drinks like juice, to give her more chances to go.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 2:45 pm
just did. Will put her back on in a few minutes..

tweety1

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 2:46 pm
I use training pants because I can't handle the mess on the floor.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training