Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
Kinos for tisha beav and a special kina for the Holocaust

freidasima

Post Sat, Aug 02 2008, 7:35 pm
I'm posting this on the regular board as well but wanted to get your opinions especially.

Last week there was a talk here in Yerushalayim about special kinos for tisha beav including kinos about the Holocaust and it got me thinking.

So in your shul do you say a special kina for the Holocaust? Turns out that there are kinos written by so many rabbonim, and one which the Rabbanut Rashit in EY has in certain booklets they put out, a continuation of "eli zion" written by a teacher from Warsaw, who was a survivor, named Bialer.

There are also kinos written by the Bobover Rebbe, R. Schwalbe, R. Weissmandel, and Rav Vozner of Bnai Brak. I know that there are rabbonim like Rav Schach who came out very strongly against adding a kina for the Holocaust, but there are rabbonim, especially chassidishe rebbes, who came out very strongly for saying one of these kinos. In MO circles shuls sometimes say the kina by Bialer, but I don't know how common it is.

Have any of you ever said any of these? Do you plan to say them?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days