Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
New update on watsapp with channels

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 10:02 am
Hi I recently updated my wats app and I see there are channels available. I don’t have browser on my phone so I don’t feel like there’s a need for a filter. (I don’t have the screen time password)
I don’t like this new update that have channels avail. Is there any way to get rid of that?

amother
Crystal

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 10:17 am
The only way to get rid of it is to get one of the Jewish filters. I don’t like it but I don’t have a filter and I just ignore it, it’s not that hard.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 10:41 am
amother Crystal wrote:
The only way to get rid of it is to get one of the Jewish filters. I don’t like it but I don’t have a filter and I just ignore it, it’s not that hard.

So I feel like I can just ignore it but sometimes my kids have my phone and I don’t want them to click on anything that can possibly be inappropriate. I would want to find a way of removing it.
If I get a filter I can still have watsapp but block the channels?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 10:15 pm
Bump

amother
Crystal

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 10:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
So I feel like I can just ignore it but sometimes my kids have my phone and I don’t want them to click on anything that can possibly be inappropriate. I would want to find a way of removing it.
If I get a filter I can still have watsapp but block the channels?

Yes make sure you specify when you speak to them about what it is you are trying to block.

Ima03

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 11:50 pm
I have not updated my whatsapp for that reason. My daughter's school sent out a letter that it's possible to block with an android but not iphone.

Cressel

Post Tue, Oct 17 2023, 11:56 pm
A petition was made to stop whatsapp channels:

https://chng.it/tRFXSpMW

PLEASE sign it

twizzlers1

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 1:30 am
I did not update it happened automatically. So I wouldn’t count on not updating to block the channels. It came on all of our phones and none of them are updated.

abound

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 3:46 am
I filtered it off, but someone told me she unfollowed every channel. She now has the word channels but no pics or links

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 8:25 am
abound wrote:
I filtered it off, but someone told me she unfollowed every channel. She now has the word channels but no pics or links

Wow how long did it take her to do that?
Is she able to just follow with the click of a button?

amother
Crystal

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 8:27 am
abound wrote:

What she’s saying is not true. I don’t follow anything never touched it. So I have recommended channels and it’s random ones that many would find inappropriate.

amother
Geranium

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 8:31 am
amother OP wrote:
Wow how long did it take her to do that?
Is she able to just follow with the click of a button?

I don’t see any option on iPhone to unfollow

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 8:45 am
Thanks for the responses. So I either get a filter to block it or I need to delete watsapp
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media