Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
Sewing during the 3 weeks

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 10:40 am
I always forget is it just the 9 days or also the 3 weeks?
My dd was home sick last week, so I started to teach her how to sew. I was thinking that when she has winter vacation, we'll start again. Until I realized that her vacation is the last 2 weeks of the 3 weeks Confused .

Crayon210

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 10:44 am
I think it's just the 9 days.

In the kitchen

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 10:57 am
I second that...9 days only.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 11:29 am
thanks!

shalhevet

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 11:34 am
There are different opinions if you can sew when it's not actually making something, if you can sew without finishing something, starting something, for a child etc. Ask your LOR if you can teach her during the nine days too.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 5:15 pm
I ended up not teaching her because we got busy with other things. But I believe it is only the 9 days because the Satmar school had sewing today. I wonder what they're going to do next week.

pacifier

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 6:31 pm
I hink you can teach her to sew, as long as it's not to make new clothes; it's like a job.

you coul teach her without making a full project, just practicing the different stiching options of a sewing machine, and learning how to create a pattern.

andd I think one is allowed to do alterations, that could also be a start for learning to sew.

as for sewing a real garment from beginning to end, I think it's during the whole 3 weeks that you cannot do that, not just the 9 days.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days