Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Gemachs
Gemach Chasdei Yosef

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 11:26 pm
They have a lawyer that once your credit card debt goes to court can try to wipe off credit card loans vs settlement so you can build your credit again.Anyone heard of them"? The Gemach gives some money towards the retainer they ask you for a quarter of it down and the rest divide in 6 or 12 months payment.
They are really nice and I hate that I’m paranoid why would I think they would be a problem but I going thru so much now that I have trust issues with anything that seems too good to be true.
Anyone have experience with their assistance ? They sound so very special and I’m sure they are ' just want some reassurance from someone that has been there.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 06 2023, 9:30 am
Bump.

amother
Jasmine

Post Mon, Mar 06 2023, 12:02 pm
I would also like to know if anyone personally used them and were successful?
I always see them advertise

Chicken Noodle

Post Sun, Jul 09 2023, 4:49 pm
I would recommend shopping around. GCY is doing the same thing as other not for profit credit counseling agencies. The bank that issues my credit card gave me the names of 3 which are Navicore, Money Management International, and Greenpath. I called one of those and GCY and chose the one with the best rates.

amother
Sage

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 6:12 pm
amother OP wrote:
They have a lawyer that once your credit card debt goes to court can try to wipe off credit card loans vs settlement so you can build your credit again.Anyone heard of them"? The Gemach gives some money towards the retainer they ask you for a quarter of it down and the rest divide in 6 or 12 months payment.
They are really nice and I hate that I’m paranoid why would I think they would be a problem but I going thru so much now that I have trust issues with anything that seems too good to be true.
Anyone have experience with their assistance ? They sound so very special and I’m sure they are ' just want some reassurance from someone that has been there.

Hi, did you ever hear anything? Or get more info? My in laws sent them money but haven't heard from them and are getting nervous.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 9:47 pm
Also wondering if anyone here has experience with CYG? OP did you end up going forward?

amother
Skyblue

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 10:10 pm
we tried them and didn't have much luck

amother
Peru

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 11:12 pm
A relative spoke to them and found them quite pushy. Not sure why they call themselves a Gemach. It’s a business plain and simple.

Chicken Noodle

Post Thu, Oct 12 2023, 11:30 am
I am in agreement with this assessment. It's nice to talk to a frum yid, but I found a better rate at one of the places I mentioned previously, and when I told that to GCY they said they would get back to me about a better rate and I never heard from them again. I would be careful and shop around.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics