Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Is it ok NOT to do anything tomorrow?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 10:13 pm
I'm burnt out from the whole week but feel bad for the kids who will want to go somewhere. Plus cooking to do. What should I do?

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 10:14 pm
We invited friends for the kids and planning for a chil day tomorrow. I told the kids I want to stay in PJs. I'm pretty exhausted.

amother
Milk

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 10:17 pm
Short answer: Yes
Long answer: Yes

flowerpower

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 10:19 pm
Get em a craft and let them do it while you cook

seeker

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 10:22 pm
I'm not going anywhere, as far as I know. If I hear of some local event maybe I'll consider it. But we went out yesterday and today. I'm tired and the kids got nicely simulated. I don't feel a need to spoil them with expectations. I'd love to take them to chill with cousins but we didn't align well, the local cousins are still away on trips. But we have things around the house that we often don't have time to get around to, like games that aren't suitable for Shabbos. Or even Shabbos games, we don't always get to chill together because kids are always running off to friends. For an extra chol hamoed treat maybe I'll put up a video on the computer or buy ice cream.

I do not at all feel bad for kids who aren't going anywhere tomorrow - you say you're burnt out from the whole week so I assume you took them somewhere fun already.

Amethyst

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 10:26 pm
We didn't go out today, except for kids playing outside our house. At some point I thought maybe we should go somewhere nearby but they were playing nicely/hanging out so I figured why are we running anywhere. And they rode bikes/scooters/etc. outside today. We went out Monday and Tuesday, it's ok not to go out and do something every single day!
But tomorrow we hope to do some sort of outing with the kids... still trying to figure out what.

Ihatepotatoes

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 10:28 pm
My kids had a crazy long day 1, Day 2's shorter trip was necessitated by their being totally off the wall, cranky, and miserable. Today was just bubbles and kites in the park, and tomorrow is arts and crafts. They just can't handle any more.

amother
Begonia

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 10:33 pm
We had full day trips every day so far. I'm done. We're staying home tomorrow ih.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 10:33 pm
My husband played games with our children for about 2 hours. He works full time usually but takes off the entire yt. Then we went to the park for a bit. You don't have to spend money to enjoy life. I was making dinner while he played with them for the record. After the park he went to mincha and then we ate. Tomorrow is library and maybe visiting people. We did a trip yesterday. I find trips to be tiring and at least one child is miserable by the end. Getting 3 meals a day and attention from parents without getting overwhelmed sounds much better to me.
So yes, you can have a lazy day on chol hamoed.

amother
Jean

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 11:27 pm
I told my kids that we aren’t doing anything tomorrow.
I have a cleaning lady all morning.
They went on trips the last few days. Today was a very big trip.
Tomorrow I need to get my house cleaned up and food for second days cooked.
Maybe a park in the later part of the afternoon?
Maybe ice cream?
But it’s definitely a day we are staying local and not planning any big trips.
And that’s okay.
BH they enjoyed the other trips so I really feel that it’s fine to just hang out tomorrow.
And it doesn’t matter what the neighbors are doing.
We do what makes sense for us.

amother
Jean

Post Wed, Oct 04 2023, 11:32 pm
For all those who are overwhelmed with how many days of chol hamoed there are this Yom Tov, I heard that chol hamoed pesach will only have one day to go on trips.
Which is better?

lucky14

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 12:45 am
Totally and completely fine.

amother
Gardenia

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 12:48 am
Of course

amother
Red

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 12:59 am
I just want to say that I feel SO validated by this thread! My husband has been working all week and I'm just so DONE making plans. Also done cooking (not literally, just don't want to plan or cook any more meals!).

zigi

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 1:05 am
I took today off. Lol. I had to recover from yesterday. Tomorrow we are going somewhere.

seeker

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 2:35 am
amother Jean wrote:
For all those who are overwhelmed with how many days of chol hamoed there are this Yom Tov, I heard that chol hamoed pesach will only have one day to go on trips.
Which is better?

I much prefer the long chol hamoed! It's much fewer erev anythings in total. No matter how much you love holidays, erevs attract stress. I'm cool with streamlining them. And then you can take a chill day and still have time for a trip, and then have a chill day after before running into the next erev. So nice.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 4:12 am
We're staying home. Baking, playing games, maybe watching a video.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics