Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
What would you do

11lilducks

Post Wed, Jul 30 2008, 10:24 am
I have 7.5 year old twins a boy and girl. My son has an unspecified reading learning disability. He is in the process of testing but his school wants him to repeat 1st grade. He adamantly says he is too embarrassed to and he has his sister who although is in a different class totally separate in school, although in the same building, is totally ready for 2nd grade. I really don't think my son will keep up in 2nd grade but I feel so bad for him knowing that his twin sister is a grade ahead in school. I know he views this as another failure on his part and it adds to his misery. How can I present this to him so he will feel less hurt by this? The twin aspect is something a lot of people just don't get.

Dini

Post Wed, Jul 30 2008, 10:28 am
You may have already tried, but could you get him enough tutoring during the summer to bring him up to par with the children his age? I don't have any advise on the twin issue though.

soldat

Post Wed, Jul 30 2008, 10:37 am
I can give you my experience as a teacher
We had a set of twins boy and girl, and the boy was just not as mature. We begged the parents to hold the boy back and they refused.
All I can tell you is that even in 6th grade it was very evident that this boy was still struggling emotionally and socially.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more