Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
If you bake salmon fillet

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 10:58 pm
Do you bake it with the skin or without? I'm talking about a while side of salmon, not slices.
If you bake it with skin, do you remove the skin before serving or serve with skin?

mha3484

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 11:13 pm
With skin. It naturally comes off when I cut slices.

cbsp

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 11:15 pm
Bake with skin. I sometimes will slice it raw down to the skin (but not through the skin) so the spices/lemon juice can get into the whole fish

Either serve whole on a platter with the skin or cut into portions and lift away from skin when plating.

B'hatzlacha

amother
Offwhite

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 11:31 pm
With

I preheat to 425 F
On average then will spice/Season, don't leave out too long but let get nearer to room temp for more even cooking.
Then bake uncovered for 17 to 20 min or until flakes easily in thickest part (or can use cooking thermometer thickest part should reach 145. Salmon can go from perfect & moist to overdone & dry fairly quickly

amother
NeonYellow

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 5:34 pm
amother Offwhite wrote:
With

I preheat to 425 F
On average then will spice/Season, don't leave out too long but let get nearer to room temp for more even cooking.
Then bake uncovered for 17 to 20 min or until flakes easily in thickest part (or can use cooking thermometer thickest part should reach 145. Salmon can go from perfect & moist to overdone & dry fairly quickly

I read that 120 is safely done salmon. I think 145 would be dry overcooked salmon.

amother
Offwhite

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 5:54 pm
amother NeonYellow wrote:
I read that 120 is safely done salmon. I think 145 would be dry overcooked salmon.

It could be - The general rule, just if googling if I'm not mistaken, for advised rec temp min is Farenheit 145 for fish, 165 for poultry (165 beef too I think)

I'm not an expert & I think people who appreciate food & buy fresh, good quality will push the limit ie medium rare to rare beef, but I follow above temp & comes out tender
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics