Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Possible?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 4:34 pm
Is it possible to toilet train a toddler without having them run around diaper free? DH is really against that.
Also
Is it possible to toilet train a toddler if you’re not able to take off work to do it?
I’m getting stressed

amother
Lotus

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 4:36 pm
I’m lazy so I wait until they are older and it is much easier. I don’t do the run every 20 minutes thing or diaper free. Very few accidents once they are older. We talk about it for a few months then just switch to underwear.

BrisketBoss

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 4:45 pm
amother Lotus wrote:
I’m lazy so I wait until they are older and it is much easier. I don’t do the run every 20 minutes thing or diaper free. Very few accidents once they are older. We talk about it for a few months then just switch to underwear.

Yup similar here. I recently switched my child over to underwear. I gave a nudge but didn't train. With young toddlers you do have to train and it's going to be more intensive. With older ones you may try and still end up with a really long process, because you passed the pliable stage but didn't reach full readiness and now you're getting pushback.

csstb

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 4:52 pm
Like others said above, you can wait and wait and wait until they just know how to do it themselves. Talk about it openly. They’ll get there with some encouragement. Mine have never used a little kid potty and didn’t learn by running around without diapers. Just switched over to underwear and the toilet when they decided they were ready.

gootlfriends

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 5:09 pm
I trained my daughter because she seemed ready. Very verbal and mostly understood. She was nervous but within a few days she was fine. I dont think weekend training is ideal unless the kid is asking for it. I don't do naked because I feel part of training is the kid learning to associate wet with urinating. If your kid is in cloth diapers you don't have to worry about that.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Mon, Oct 02 2023, 5:10 pm
My dd was ready and we did it in one day on shavuos (no need to take off work) and she wore underwear.

If the kid is really ready it should work easily but if not it may need more time and creativity
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training