Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding
Which formula for newborn

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 11:05 am
Nursing is not working out... Which formula for an infant of 2 weeks old?

amother
Burntblack

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 11:06 am
You have to find the right one for your baby.
My babies did well with Similac sensitive. One baby couldn't handle milk & was on Similac soy.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 11:08 am
amother Burntblack wrote:
You have to find the right one for your baby.
My babies did well with Similac sensitive. One baby couldn't handle milk & was on Similac soy.

My baby is using Materna and seems to like it. How much do I need per feeding and how often?

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 11:11 am
amother OP wrote:
My baby is using Materna and seems to like it. How much do I need per feeding and how often?

Check the formula container - it should say how much.

amother
Foxglove

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 11:14 am
Depends how big your baby is
My baby took 3 oz at 2 weeks old, every 2-3 hours
Make a 4 oz bottle and see how much they take to get an idea

amother
Gladiolus

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 11:15 am
amother OP wrote:

And mine hated Materna, made him gassy and was to heavy. He does much better with CY Similac.

amother
Burntblack

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 11:19 am
amother OP wrote:

My babies took 2-3 oz every 2-3 hours at that age.
There's usually a chart on the container that helps you figure out how much the baby needs, according to their weight.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 11:51 am
We used Kirkland

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 11:57 am
We used Kirkland

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:12 pm
Anyone use enfamil infant ?

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:15 pm
My baby does well on enfamil. I wouldn't pay so much though for it, I use it because that's what WIC covers. There are better options for cheaper.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:20 pm
So I'm using materna now . Baby is doing ok on it. however I just got onto wic and they give enfamil. I'm debating if I should switch over to try it (also oud) or just pay for materna. Baby is 3 months. Cant decide what to do.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:21 pm
Also what are the better options for cheaper ? Is materna a better formula then enfamil?

amother
Lily

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 1:17 pm
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
Also what are the better options for cheaper ? Is materna a better formula then enfamil?

No, I don't find materna to be better

Do you anyone going to Israel?
It is about $14 there, unless it went up from about a year ago.

I know someone who would find people going and coming back from Israel and get them to buy Materna there for her grandchildren. Maybe you can find some people willing to do this for you.

amother
Leaf

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 1:18 pm
would you want to give milk from a gemach?

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 1:20 pm
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
So I'm using materna now . Baby is doing ok on it. however I just got onto wic and they give enfamil. I'm debating if I should switch over to try it (also oud) or just pay for materna. Baby is 3 months. Cant decide what to do.

I would recommend switching because you will save a large amount of money and after a 1-2 day adjustment period it likely won’t make any difference to you baby.

Make sure you ask for the regular enfamil and not the gentlease version because the gentlease has a different taste that some babies don’t like.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 1:29 pm
amother Taupe wrote:
I would recommend switching because you will save a large amount of money and after a 1-2 day adjustment period it likely won’t make any difference to you baby.

Make sure you ask for the regular enfamil and not the gentlease version because the gentlease has a different taste that some babies don’t like.

Maybe depends on your state, but my WIC doesn't make me tell them which one I'm buying. Regular, gentlease and reguline are all covered in my state and I do a mix.

In general newborns switch formulas very easily, you can do it cold turkey.

My baby switched to gentlease after being a little fussy on regular and had no issues with taste or otherwise. However, it does have corn syrup which I'm not thrilled about.

Surrendered

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 2:44 pm
I'm giving Enfamil oud infant to my 3-4 month old baby. She has reflux and I tried heimishe brands bit didn't see a difference. Shea doing fine, gaining well bh
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding