Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
What was best thing you ate this yt?
Previous  1  2  3  4

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 2:17 am
Jerked Turkey and prime rib. Both cooked by my husband while I studied pathology and microbiology. Shout out to my son who barbecued delicious mush steak and ‘Russian Chicken.

amother
Iris

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 9:07 am
amother Aquamarine wrote:
Yummmm sound amazing; recipe??

I took the basic concept from Danielle Renov/PLC
The family table also had an asian chicken soup recipe, I mixed up both of these concepts.
Basically I made a regular chicken soup type of idea but with some other veggies: 3 Carrots, 1 onion 5 cloves garlic a small piece of ginger, a bunch of scallions, a box of mushrooms 2 chicken bottoms plus a package of chicken bones. All this went into net bags as the goal here is to get a clear broth. You can eat or discard the veggies.
I cooked it for 5-6 hours, it gets pretty dark from the mushrooms.
When I warmed it up on YT I added 2 T of soy sauce and a few slices of garlic & ginger to add some extra flavor.
The dumplings are from PLC's cookbook.
Filling:
1 lb ground chicken
1 lb ground turkey
5 scallions sliced
4 cloves garlic grated
1 in ginger, grated
2 T soy sauce
1 T rice vinegar
2 tsp sesame oil
2 packages wonton wrappers
Mix the filling & place a spoonfull of filling in center of each wonton wrapper. Keep a bowl of water near you, to wet the edge of each wrapper as you fold them. (I googled some youtube videos for folding, but ended up just folding them simply as I didn't have the skillset for it yet...)
Freeze.
To serve with the broth:
Heat up the broth, add dumplings and cook for 5-10 minutes.
Put desired veggies in bowls, I did julliened raw carrots & scallions, pour the hot broth over it and the dumplings.
For the potstickers:
Heat up a pot of boiling water.
Add the dumplings a few at a time, cook for 4-5 minutes and remove onto a drying rack or paper towel lined plate to dry for a bit. (I did for 15 min or so)
Heat up a frying pan on high heat with a little oil. Fry each dumpling on one side only, for about 45 seconds until it gets crispy. Serve with the dipping sauce.
Dipping Sauce:
1/2 C soy sauce
1 tsp rice vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
5 T brown sugar
1 T sliced scallions
crushed red pepper flakes to taste
Mix all ingredients together in a container.
This all might sound complicated but really I did all the prep before YT and it was a great light 2nd night soup & main, we were all so full.
Anon cuz my guests are on here Hi
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur