Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Gemachs
Gemach for help for lifting heavy items or fragile people

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 6:43 am
My mother who is 80+ had this problem many times when my late father fell to the floor and my mother couldn't pick up my father. The same applied to lifting heavy items like luggage if going on holiday.

Does a gemach like this exist anywhere?

amother
Latte

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 6:57 am
Chaveirim to lift an elderly person who fell down and can't get back up? Hatzalah?

amother
Pear

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 6:59 am
Oh I would love that!

amother
Lily

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 7:10 am
Hatzalah came to help lift my mother off the floor when her aide and I could not do it. More than once. Eventually we got a hoyer lift.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 7:16 am
Hatzalah get very upset if they are called for a person who doesn't have life threatening illness so they are out.

I have a neighbour whose husband suddenly got a serious infection and currently needs 24 hour care because he is now disabled. The wife could probably use this kind of service for her husband and shlepping.

My only question is would this service be misused?

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 8:12 am
amother OP wrote:
Hatzalah get very upset if they are called for a person who doesn't have life threatening illness so they are out.

I have a neighbour whose husband suddenly got a serious infection and currently needs 24 hour care because he is now disabled. The wife could probably use this kind of service for her husband and shlepping.

My only question is would this service be misused?

If he needs 24 hours care he probably needs trained care not just a strong teenager to lift him once a day.

singleagain

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 8:31 am
I would not necessarily trust a random person to help pick up a person. That should be something to have training for ... Packages, anyone can help. People no

amother
Lemonlime

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 9:38 am
You need to get a special lift, I think it's called a Hoyer lift. Doing it manually can be dangerous for the lifter.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics