Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Gemachs
New Gemach Starting!! Looking for clothing Donations
Previous  1  2  3

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 10:59 pm
Great idea.
Just a suggestion: I think it would be helpful if you have an option to donate/request matching clothes in different sizes, for those who want to match siblings.

I sometimes have clothes to offer but potential recipients aren't eager to take if they don't have matching for other siblings. So if someone have coordinating in (for example) sizes 2,4, and 6 boys, maybe she can be paired up with a recipient who is specifically looking for those sizes

Last edited by Amelia Bedelia on Tue, Jul 25 2023, 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Thistle

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 11:00 pm
What state or city are you in? I need tznyus clothing for my 6/7 year old girl but can't find or can't afford. But I live in CA...

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jul 25 2023, 11:13 pm
amother OP wrote:
https://I.imgur.com/LANOc9r.png

Monsey.
I have 10 new condition Chino pants, navy, size 12 boys. Good quality, From Children's place.

I purchased it but my son is already became a size 14. (He wore some of them once). Tizki.lmitzvos@gmail.com

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 12:36 am
amother Lemon wrote:
Monsey.
I have 10 new condition Chino pants, navy, size 12 boys. Good quality, From Children's place.

I purchased it but my son is already became a size 14. (He wore some of them once). Tizki.lmitzvos@gmail.com

Children's Place in-store may let you exchange the new ones with tags for the size you need

amother
Canary

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 12:54 am
How do people get the clothes? Are they shipped? Can people "out of town" ( out of Brooklyn, Monsey, Lakewood) get?

amother
Phlox

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 12:59 am
How would you do it for people from anywhere? Are you going to ship clothing? That can get quite expensive.
I am actually very lucky in that I have a friend who ships me her clothes whenever her son outgrows it but I know that’s impractical for most.
It’s a good idea, but personally I would feel better giving away clothes to someone who isn’t picky about brands or being high end . I would have very little motivation to go through my kid’s clothes and sort out the brands, I would sooner give away everything in good condition to someone who would take it all.

amother
Molasses

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 2:14 am
OP this is such a fabulous idea! Thank you for adding to the simchas hachaim of so many Moms!

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 3:26 am
amother Canary wrote:
How do people get the clothes? Are they shipped? Can people "out of town" ( out of Brooklyn, Monsey, Lakewood) get?

It's a shidduch gemach. For every family who wants to donate, they find a family in the same town that is looking for the same size and gender. The gemach doesn't actually deal with the clothes. They pair people up.

dena613

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 7:50 am
amother Thistle wrote:
What state or city are you in? I need tznyus clothing for my 6/7 year old girl but can't find or can't afford. But I live in CA...

Shop tottini.com,
especially Sale at the beginning of Sale season for the following year.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 7:51 am
We're not any location specific. Fill out the form and if there's a match I'll reach out

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 8:03 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Great idea.
Just a suggestion: I think it would be helpful if you have an option to donate/request matching clothes in different sizes, for those who want to match siblings.

I sometimes have clothes to offer but potential recipients aren't eager to take if they don't have matching for other siblings. So if someone have coordinating in (for example) sizes 2,4, and 6 boys, maybe she can be paired up with a recipient who is specifically looking for those sizes

Lots of ppl requested to receive matching and many people also only want to donate if the outfits will be kept together which makes sense. We will help whoever we can Smile obviously way more people in need of clothing than able to donate

amother
Camellia

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 8:58 am
Op this is such a great idea. I live in lakewood. People give away good clothing to serendipity and it doesn't get sorted and end up on the racks with mostly junk. I wish you much success. I wish there was a way to exchange certain outfits. I sometimes buy outfits at the end of the season and one size is missing or a buy something for my girls and wish I could get the while matching set for the rest of my boys, baby . Also what I need is high end coat exchange my daughter refuse to were anything but the from coats it's hard to find anything cheap,warm and affordable.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 9:53 am
Yes exactly what I was thinking. Serendipity is a chesed as well but this is really for a specific niche of people that want certain clothing. Feel free to add your name to the spreadsheet and if your size comes up I'll let you know!
Thank you to everyone who already filled it out!
We are still looking for more people to donate. It doesn't have to be difficult. The same way you put the clothing out for collections, you will put it out and put the family name on it and they will pick it up directly. If you prefer to stay anonymous, I can pick the clothing up from you and be the middle man (BP/Flatbush location)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 9:59 am
I also wanted to say that many of you gave random email addresses to stay anonymous. This is 100% fine but I am finding a lack of response since you probably don't check it often.
If you did give a random email you can set up that those messages get forwarded to your regular email inbox or just check it daily.
Thanks

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 3:50 pm
Did you respond to whomever filled out a form? I filled one out and did not receive any response from you.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 3:51 pm
Whoever filled out the form was added to our spreadsheet. If u didn't hear from me I don't have a match yet. Feel free to txt or email me as well. We matched up almost everyone who reached out to donate but we have many many more ppl looking to receive. Spread the word!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 8:52 pm
Thank you everyone who reached out. We got an overwhelming amount of requests for clothing and not enough people able to donate. We bh made matches already and each one is so exciting. If anyone wants to donate by dropping clothing off by me in Flatbush instead, they can.ill prepare bags of sizes and families in need can pick it up. Only very nice current styles please! Reach out via txt 7189541254
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics