Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
How to stay focused with multiple children

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 7:34 pm
Hey! I'm looking for large family toilet training tips. My child who is ready to train, has multiple older siblings and after my first two I found it impossible to keep focused on the toilet training... There are dishes to wash, messes to clean up, kids of varying ages to entertain and a baby to take care of. How am I supposed to stay focused and present to remember to take my child to the toilet at regular intervals and not loose my patience at accidents when I inevitably don't get him there on time??

amother
Alyssum

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 8:40 pm
My tips:

Get the older kids involved (give the chocolate chips or whatever to both the toddler and the big kid that helped them)

I also offered a large prize (value of a box of diapers) to older siblings who made a big effort

And wait until older or very obviously ready. (That's very controversial). Far less accidents.

octopus

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 8:42 pm
Wait until they are older or they want it themselves. Then they come dancing to you crying "I need to make!"

amother
Burntblack

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 9:32 pm
I feel you I'm in the same boat Can't Believe It

amother
Celeste

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 10:41 pm
Same boat too. I have no choice but to train my under 3 year old boy who is so not ready because it's required for school which starts in 3 weeks. The pressure is awful and I'm way to busy to focus on him alone. My husband was off today so he spent most of the day with him in the bathroom and made a lot of progress thankfully. Hope it can continue tomorrow which is a regular workday for both of us...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 2:11 am
Allysum, thank-you! that's very helpful. Gotta think how to incorporate some of that!
Octopus - that sounds like a dream... In my experience while definitely easier to wait, it is still a process. Even once ready they still don't do it themselves, they need that first pee in the toilet to even get the concept that this business is happening in a different place from now on.. then comes the process of getting used to it...and I toilet train on the late end..
Burnt black and Celeste - good luck! It is nice to hear that I am not alone (or crazy for finding this so dreadful!) I hope it goes smoothly and easily for both of you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training