Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
Holocaust Interviews and Testimonials

Highstrung

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 3:46 pm
I wanted to share that I found a YouTube channel called : USC Shoah Foundation . It has multiple interviews and testimonials from Holocaust survivors . Most have been recorded in the 90s , so the sound quality isn’t perfect .
Hearing the people and seeing the survivors speak really helped me feel the churban . For anyone that is interested . Some interviews are hours long .

self-actualization

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 4:02 pm
Yes, that site has been my go-to Tisha B’Av place for a few years now. Sometimes the testimonials are so sad that they move me deeply.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 4:12 pm
My mother's a'h interview is there. I used to watch it with my kids Tisha b'av. (they're BH married and out of the house now.)

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 4:38 pm
Probably not as raw but still powerful: Torah Umesorah has videos of survivors speaking.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 5:37 pm
Can any of these be listened to over the phone?

amother
Charcoal

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 6:12 pm
My grandmother a”h is on there. I watch every Tisha bAv. My older children watch with me as they get to the right age. Thank you OP for sharing.

BatyaEsther

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 6:16 pm
Amother Neongreen and charcoal
Kol Hakavod to them for sharing with all of us. May their neshamas have an aliya

On the bottom are testimonials for tomorrow
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days