Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chicken cubes for 1 pan chicken & rice

smile

Post Sun, Jul 02 2023, 6:02 am
I am looking for a "1 pan rice chicken" recipe.
But instead of chicken pieces I want cubed chicken breast.

613mitzvahgirl

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 1:54 pm
Hi.. dinner done recipe book has a delicious recipe.. I’m sorry I don’t have the recipe nearby..

Amarante

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 3:29 pm
This is for thighs but breasts can be substituted. Thighs are a bit more succulent especially if you are heating leftovers.

Roast Chicken and Vegetables With Tahini

Yield: 2 to 4 servings

This comforting but peppy chicken-and-vegetable combo accommodates any root vegetables that you like or need to use up. Roast them alongside morsels of boneless chicken thighs that have been tossed with ginger, dill and citrus zest. What comes out of the oven needs just a drizzle of straight-from-the-jar tahini: It is nutty, creamy and a great counterpart to sweet root vegetables, for those times you just don’t feel like making a sauce. Finish with more herbs and maybe a scattering of red-pepper flakes and sesame seeds, then pile the mixture over whole grains, a salad or sautéed greens, or into a pita. For a vegetarian version, swap the chicken for chickpeas, extra-firm tofu or tempeh.

Ingredients

1½ to 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces

2 tablespoons grated ginger (from a 3-inch root)

¼ cup coarsely chopped dill or cilantro leaves and stems

1 tablespoon lime or lemon zest (from 1 to 2 fruits)

5 cups ½-inch-diced root vegetables (about 1½ pounds, peeled if desired), such as parsnips, sweet potatoes, carrots, yellow beets, turnips and celery roots

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or melted coconut oil

Kosher salt (Diamond Crystal)

Black pepper

3 tablespoons tahini, well-stirred

Red-pepper flakes and toasted sesame seeds (optional), for serving

Preparation

Heat the oven to 425 degrees with a rack in the lower third of the oven. On a sheet pan, combine the chicken, ginger and 2 tablespoons of the chopped dill. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon lime zest over the mixture, then toss with your hands to combine. Add the root vegetables, olive oil, 2 teaspoons salt and a few generous grinds of pepper. Toss to coat, then arrange in an even layer.

Roast until the vegetables are soft and caramelized and the chicken is cooked through, 30 to 35 minutes. (Check the mixture halfway through cooking; if some vegetables are browning too quickly, give them a stir.) If you want the chicken more browned, run the pan under the broiler for a few minutes.

Drizzle the tahini over the sheet pan and let sit, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining dill, as well as the red-pepper flakes and sesame seeds as desired. Cut one of the limes into wedges for squeezing over. (Refrigerate the other for another use.)

zehavag

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 4:21 pm
There’s a great recipe on kosher.com that has cut up chicken cutlets, sweet potato, rice (I use brown basmati), and pastrami… takes like 2 hours to cook but tastes delicious!

https://www.kosher.com/recipe/.....11910

rkay

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 4:24 pm
zehavag wrote:
There’s a great recipe on kosher.com that has cut up chicken cutlets, sweet potato, rice (I use brown basmati), and pastrami… takes like 2 hours to cook but tastes delicious!

https://www.kosher.com/recipe/.....11910

Can you link?

zehavag

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 4:25 pm
rkay wrote:
Can you link?

Edited to add link

gorilla

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 4:30 pm
Put two tbsp of oil in a pot and fry chicken cubes on each side until it gets light brown. Add 3 garlic cubes and sprinkle black pepper

Then add below

2 tbsp rice vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup honey
1 cup rice - I use uncle bens rice
2 cups water

Let cook for 10 minutes, add broccoli and wait for water to cook out
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey