Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
First time submitting to a magazine...

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 13 2023, 1:02 pm
I've never submitted anything before. I have something I would like to submit, and I know it's a long shot. What's the protocol -- can I submit to, say, mishpacha and ami, at the same time? Or do I submit to one and wait for a reply before trying elsewhere?

Also, can any experienced imamothers share their take on what kind of submissions each magazine (mishpacha, ami, binah) is likely to take?

amother
Moccasin

Post Thu, Jul 13 2023, 2:37 pm
Do NOT submit to more than one at a time. That's called simultaneous submission and it's a big no no. If you don't hear from them in a month you can email and ask about it, or after a certain amount of time, assume it's a no and on to the next one.
Read the magazines to get a feel.
Read the submission guidelines; they're probably on the website.
And proofread well, and edit. Don't be afraid to cut words out. Write tight.
Hatzlacha.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 13 2023, 2:44 pm
amother Moccasin wrote:
Do NOT submit to more than one at a time. That's called simultaneous submission and it's a big no no. If you don't hear from them in a month you can email and ask about it, or after a certain amount of time, assume it's a no and on to the next one.
Read the magazines to get a feel.
Read the submission guidelines; they're probably on the website.
And proofread well, and edit. Don't be afraid to cut words out. Write tight.
Hatzlacha.

Thanks!

Any other advice?

giftedmom

Post Thu, Jul 13 2023, 2:46 pm
Binah is less likely to accept, and also takes longer to accept, but I found them to be more professional. Ami accepts more easily but they’re not as well run and they just do what they want. Mishpacha I only published once but they’re also more professional.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club