Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Teach me how to grill juicy burgers

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 9:57 am
Please can you all give me your tried and true burger recipes that come out super moist and juicy? For BBQ on the grill...

Thanks in advance!

amother
Honey

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 10:12 am
Use regular chopped emat not preformed burgers. Don't touch the meat too much. Just add salt and pepper and imprint your thumb in middle. Only flip once

chili-n-cholent

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 10:14 am
chili-n-cholent wrote:
Burgers need fat to keep it juicy.
Use non lean ground meat.
Don't overmix the mixture, when smushing the meat too much it takes out all the air between the meat and creates a more dense dry patty.
I many times don't even do any flavoring as the mixing isn't so good, just lightly form into burgers and then dip the outside into salt and pepper for a peppercrust.
When grilling, grill until slightly pink inside and then let it rest once you take it off the grill, DO NOT pierce it with a fork until ready to eat as all the juice will come out.
Let it rest for about 5 min and you will have the juiciest burger ever.

Reposted from a thread last year

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 10:57 am
So ive literally done exactly that of the above 2 posts, and while the burger is certainly soft, its nowhere near that juicy super moist burger I've had on occasions at BBQs.
Im wondering if maybe some people add things to the burger meat itself

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 11:05 am
Any food put on a grill should he sealed w fat. Shmaltz or oil or else the food can turn carcinogenic and is very bad for your health. Once big deal, but having it on a weekly or even daily basis is not good.
Usually when I do a BBQ it's for an east quick dinner. And im not looking to do more work. So I use preformed / baught burgers. And they come out pretty juicy. Mix oil w back pepper and salt. Gently rub it into the frozen burgers. Grill.
I use extra virgin olive oil it gives THE BEST flavor and also it locks in the juice better than any other oil. Almost like searing in a pan to keep the juice in....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen