Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
3 year old ending up in mommy's bed

cr2005

Post Sun, Aug 28 2005, 1:28 am
until recently my 3 year old slept peacefully through the night. now shes wakes up for diff. things. the one thing that I need advice is shes always ends up in my bed even before I go to sleep. I mean I love her of course but I just feel I could use a couple of hours just me. Any advice by the way one of the things she wakes up for every night at least twice without fail is water , im wondering if its an excuse or she just needs it

lucky

Post Sun, Aug 28 2005, 1:46 am
usually, it is an excuse, Try to have a sippy cup of water next to her bed, so if she is really thirsty she can take water on her own. It is a stage most kids go through.

Yael

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 2:25 pm
ever since shevy was born levi comes to me in the middle of the night a few times a week. I dont know why he wakes up, but I think he just needs my reassurance. what I do is pick him up and tuck him back into his own bed. and he's fine

Motek

Post Wed, Aug 31 2005, 4:15 pm
Yael wrote:
what I do is pick him up and tuck him back into his own bed. and he's fine

smart

cr2005 - it's not that your 3 yr. old "ends up in your bed" but that you allow her to enter your room and get into your bed!

Quote:
by the way one of the things she wakes up for every night at least twice without fail is water , im wondering if its an excuse or she just needs it

and does she sleep in panties and stay dry through the night?

regardless, I highly doubt that she or anybody needs to wake up twice (or even once) in the middle of the night for a drink

sounds like it's time to tell her, in the daytime and before she goes to sleep: no more drinks at night

Yael

Post Mon, Sep 05 2005, 4:04 pm
now levi wakes up twice a night every single night!!!
what can I do to get him to sleep through the night?
you'd think shevy would be the one disturbing my sleep at night, but no its levi. Rolling Eyes

technic

Post Mon, Sep 05 2005, 4:55 pm
how abt a star chart - that if he wakes and doesnt wake YOU he gets a star?...maybe thatll get him out of the habit of waking...but then again only YOU know whether hes 2 sleepy when he wakes 2 b able to think it thru...good luck Very Happy

cr2005

Post Mon, Sep 05 2005, 8:45 pm
motek my daughter wears underwear at night and has been for a while. She gets really thirsty at night. I think shes a part mouth breather. It also I think has to do with changes in the house, people coming and going all the time. I found that now its not happening that much I think it was just a faze, and yael yes thanks for the tip

stem

Post Mon, Sep 05 2005, 10:55 pm
Yael, the transition to a new baby is hard on kids, and it comes out in different ways for each one. My daughter also stopped sleeping through the night (she was 2.5) when the baby was born. I would suggest just riding it out, it will pass! It's sounds like you're doing the right thing: simply putting him back in bed without making a whole fuss about it.

diana

Post Mon, Oct 31 2005, 5:09 pm
technic wrote:
how abt a star chart - that if he wakes and doesnt wake YOU he gets a star?...maybe thatll get him out of the habit of waking...but then again only YOU know whether hes 2 sleepy when he wakes 2 b able to think it thru...good luck Very Happy

ive tried that with my 3 yr old - star charts and prizes didnt work.
the prob is that he often comes into my bed and I dont realize till morning b/c im sleeping so deeply!
the realproblem is during niddah times when beds are separated and then I wake up with severe backaches b/c there is not enough room!

technic

Post Mon, Oct 31 2005, 6:39 pm
oyyyyyyyyy - in that case the only comfort I can offer u is that mine FINALLY moved out when she was 4 - how close 2 the 4th birthday r YOU???? shock

raizy

Post Mon, Oct 31 2005, 9:53 pm
4 yrs my you are lucky . my 6 years old used to come to my bed when he turned 3 and was one big boychich I told him no more. in fact I told all the kids . u want to sleep sleep in your bed or the floor . so now they run to my hubby bed . when he is aware that someone is sleeping in his bed he chases them out...

when u put your foot down that the day it stops.

Tefila

Post Mon, Oct 31 2005, 10:01 pm
So this is what I do and so far it's working hope I didn't open my mouth too soon Rolling Eyes . I tell her tatty or mammy (depending whose available) will lie down on your bed w/h you to go to sleep but then you have to sleep on your own all night b/c you r now a big girl Exclamation . Unless you wants me to treat you as a baby and that means in everything incl sitting in a stroller and not walking Exclamation well it's worked so far Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers