Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
U.S. Census survey

Post Thu, Oct 06 2005, 5:00 pm
Did anyone else (americans) get a survey from the census bureau? The thing is 20 pages long- do they really expect me to fill it all out?

chen

Post Wed, Oct 26 2005, 10:54 pm
Yes, they do expect you to fill it out. It's not rocket science--it's mostly multiple-choice and is stuff you know in your sleep b/c it's about you and your family.

Keep in mind that the gov't and other agencies use this info to plan services and programs. if they do not see many yiddish-speaking responders, say, they will have no reason to provide services in yiddish. if families with many children do not respond, they will see no reason to build more playgrounds or children's hospitals.

If you're not sure what you got is a bona-fide US Census bureau survey, you can contact webmaster@census.gov to ask. they do a highly publicized, major nationwide census every 10 years, but they do other surveys in between.

This taken from the census website: "The American Community Survey is conducted under the authority of Title 13, United States Code, Sections 141 and 193, and response is mandatory... persons who do not respond shall be fined not more ... than $5,000."

Post Thu, Oct 27 2005, 12:38 pm
chen wrote:
persons who do not respond shall be fined not more ... than $5,000."

yeah, that's exactly why I ended up filling it out.
mine did not have much multiple choice at all.
they wanted to know about how much everyone in the household makes, all our investments, interest.... and some more stuff.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics