Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Needlework and Sewing
Should I consider crocheting a sweater?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 1:10 pm
I learned how to knit from my Bubbie (still have many of her creations stored away that I can't bear to toss. In fact I think I'm going to frame a piece of the afghan with my name that she made when I was a baby...)

But I don't like knitting, too frustrating to drop stitches etc.

However, I have done quite a few simple crochet projects, mostly hats & scarves but also some flowers etc.

I was hoping to replace a sweater that was a variegated pattern of tans, browns and aquas. I really loved it and had all the accessories to go with it but BH it is now too big on me. So I was thinking about taking it apart and making it smaller, but that seems a bit much.

I am wondering if I can make myself a cardigan. Or maybe I should start with a vest.

I looked through a few yarns on Michaels and Joanns. I don't see my specific colors in one yarn, does it make sense to mix a variegated brown/tan and a variegated teal/aqua etc, or is it going to look silly?

Anyone here done a sweater without attending a class etc?

Or is there a really good yarn shop in the Lakewood area where you can get advice etc?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Needlework and Sewing