Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Have you ever made homemade chicken nuggets?

Have you ever made homemade chicken nuggets?
Yes, all the time  
 48%  [ 51 ]
Yes, but not often  
 26%  [ 28 ]
Yes, once  
 8%  [ 9 ]
No, because reason  
 16%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 106

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 20 2022, 11:37 am
If so, can you share your recipe? I saw one that includes pickle juice as an ingredient and that got me curious...

Rubies

Post Sun, Feb 20 2022, 11:45 am
Scratching Head

amother
Poinsettia

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCmuLiplRDL/

I love this method.
I usually spice the flour, eggs, and crumbs with salt, lemonpepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, thyme, and parsley

amother
Stoneblue

I don't really have a recipe. I put about 2 cups flour into a zip lock with some salt, paprika, onion, and garlic powder and mix them up. Then I cut up chicken breast into pieces and put them into the ziploc to get coated with the flour mixture. Then dip each one into egg, then into bread crumbs, then throw into pan to fry on each side.

mha3484

Post Sun, Feb 20 2022, 11:59 am
There are two kinds. I make schnitzel style pretty often. Small peices of breaded chicken baked or air fried.

There is also the kind with ground chicken. Google has a ton of recipes. This is good to improvise on. https://natashaskitchen.com/ba.....cipe/

amother
Sunflower

Post Sun, Feb 20 2022, 1:46 pm
I dip it in a batter and fry.
Eggs, flour, water, spices. Don't have exact amounts.

amother
DarkGray

Post Sun, Feb 20 2022, 2:29 pm
I'm not sure what's different about nuggets compared to shnitzel. I make it all the time. The kids eat the small nuggets better than the larger shnitzels.
I'm not sure what sort of chicken is made with pickle juice though. I usually do breaded or marinated then grilled.
Breaded is so easy. I do roughly half a cup of oil, cup and a half of breadcrumbs with flavoring, mix it together in a bag and add the cut up chicken. Then pour into container and bake. I don't have any leftovers.

ysydmom

Post Sun, Feb 20 2022, 2:34 pm
Cut cutlets into strips or squares, dip in pre-spiced flour, then egg, then cornflake crumbs, you can air fry, bake or fry them.

Shabbosiscoming

Post Sun, Feb 20 2022, 6:01 pm
OP, can you clarify? I was pretty sure you meant the type with ground chicken, not just small pieces of cutlets breaded and fried. In which case, does anyone have a good recipe? I'm wondering if it will go over better with my picky eaters.

bbhem5

Post Sun, Feb 20 2022, 6:26 pm
Shabbosiscoming wrote:
OP, can you clarify? I was pretty sure you meant the type with ground chicken, not just small pieces of cutlets breaded and fried. In which case, does anyone have a good recipe? I'm wondering if it will go over better with my picky eaters.

Ground chicken (preferably white) -
Add any spices you like (garlic powder, paprika, black pepper... - or leave plain for really picky eaters).
Mix in instant mashed potato flakes until thick.
Shape into patties or nuggets and dip both sides into cornflake crumbs.
Pan fry on both sides using Pam or a little oil.

This is a favorite of both my big and little kids.

LittleRed

Post Sun, Feb 20 2022, 6:37 pm
If you really want it to taste non homemade you have to go with ground chicken. It's a pain but they come out delicious. I make a KLP version coated in potato starch and fried and they disappear way too quickly.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Feb 20 2022, 7:45 pm
Pkg ground turkey
Wisk 3 Eggs in a bowl with salt, spices of choice, Ketchup, bit of oil, herbs ( I like basil), mis with meat, form flattened patties & cook on griddle, pizza maker on both sides until done. Or fry
Optional to add bread crumbs to mixture

dena613

Post Sun, Feb 20 2022, 10:32 pm
No because my family doesn't like it enough for me to patchke to that extent

amother
Amaranthus

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 5:00 pm
Chicken nuggets are made with ground chicken. I don’t understand why you’d make it rather than schnitzel. Schnitzel is way easier for me because I buy the pre breaded packs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics