Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Dvar Torah by the Shabbos Table

TzenaRena

Post Fri, Sep 16 2005, 12:40 pm
Besides the Dvar Torah that they learn in cheder, or pre-Mesivta classes which is printed up for the whole grade, or division how do I get my kids to prepare their own Dvar Torah, to give over with enthusiasm?

I'm usually so busy getting the gashmius taken care of ,shopping and cooking for Shabbos, preparing salads, setting table, serving etc., that I don't remember to attend to ensuring that they all have a Dvar Torah to say.

Reading from the printed sheet doesn't get them that involved.

jewgal84

Post Fri, Sep 16 2005, 12:47 pm
You can lay out diff seforim in hebrew or english at their own level and tell them to try and find a really good and neat dvar torah that the other sibling won't have. Kids that age tend to love competitions.

In my family, my father would pass a book called "please tell me what the Rebbe said" and we'd pass it around the table and every one got to read a little bit of it!

I am a lubavitcher, and it is a Lubavitch book I mentioned. It's a junior Dvar Torah not more than a page on each parsha and it has a commentary from our Rebbe, the Lubavitch Rebbe. There are other similar books, if you are not Lubavitch and you can always try "the little midrash says"!

RedVines

Post Fri, Sep 16 2005, 1:12 pm
I go on chabad.org every week and I usually find something for everyone, including guests!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics