Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Arafats Passing????

Rochel Leah

Post Sun, Nov 07 2004, 6:19 am
Just like to share something discussed at the shabbos table: at the end of this past weeks parsha it says that "yishmael fell on his sons" before avraham passed away , it says yishmael was sitting but now after Avrahams passing it says he fell meaning he passed away, Rashi or bal haturim say on this: at the end of days -yishmaels disendants will fall- die and then "ailah toldos yitzcahk" ( the first words of the next parsha( the generations of yitzchak will live in peace in Eretz yisrael with moshiach....people are saying that this refers to arafats passing- lets hope that he is really dead and then we could live in peace in Eretz yisrael with n'eNow!!

Last edited by Rochel Leah on Sun, Nov 07 2004, 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total

gryp

Post Sun, Nov 07 2004, 6:46 am
amen!

ForeverYoung

Post Sun, Nov 07 2004, 11:42 am
amain, amein, amein!!!!!
hope he fries in the hottest spot fo the Gehinom Exploding anger

zuncompany

Post Sun, Nov 07 2004, 12:58 pm
AMEN!!!!

micki

Post Sun, Nov 07 2004, 2:27 pm
hey are you related to my husnabnd? he came up with the same thing!!!

Tefila

Post Sun, Nov 07 2004, 5:12 pm
ForeverYoung
Quote:
hope he fries in the hottest spot fo the Gehinom

I don't think we are allowed to rejoice even though I totaly understand the sentiment ..who doesnt?)
It talks about it when the jews crossed the yam suf and how the mitzriyim tryed to cross and drowned. I think it was then when we were warned about rejoicing at our enemys downfall Exclamation

Motek

Post Thu, Nov 11 2004, 6:12 pm
yeah, but then we got an 8 day holiday out of it! Wink

Az Yashir ...

ForeverYoung

Post Thu, Nov 11 2004, 7:51 pm
LOL, Motek!

This is my dh's favorite Dvar Torah!! (abridged):

If you look at the pesukim, angels want to sing before the Bnei Yisroel got to the sea, they were just pursued. So who drowned?

We know that when Sanheriv beseiged Yerushalaim, the angels sang & his army died from hearing the heavenly voices.

So now, when angels saw that Egiptians want to kill the Jews, they wanted to prevent that by killing them by singing.

But midda k'neged mida; so H' said: my creatures drowned (past) - the babies thrown into Nile. Do not sing, as the egiptians have to drown (midda kneged midda)

Based on teh above, I'm glad his time had come to blow up eternally.
Besides, I'm pretty sure he had earned kares for himslef many times over.
However, there will be somebody else after him, so my joy is not complete...

Rivka

Post Wed, Nov 17 2004, 9:56 am
First of all Arafat does not deserve to go to gehinom, that is a place for people who truly feel bad for what they have done and it is a cleansing process before going to shamayim.
Second, it says Yishmael will fall...I don't see all the Arabs dying from some mad genetic plague coz they marry only cousins.
Arafat was not such a big wig, I think Osama is a bit more of a threat, so no rejoicing just yet and also do not rejoice at the fall of your enemies, this makes us different from everyone else in the world, it is only normal to rejoice but we do notl

ForeverYoung

Post Wed, Nov 17 2004, 10:05 am
I rejoyce b/c he will no longer be able to harm my people.
there will be others, there are others, but this one is out, B'H
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics