Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
So many baby gifts to give

queenie

Post Mon, Aug 15 2005, 10:39 am
I'm looking for some ideas for baby gifts. I have so many BH to give this week. I have every combination of gift to buy. Meaning, the first baby, the fifth baby, a boy a girl. People that have everything already and those just starting out. I'Y there are a few more close friends having their first baby too. Any ideas would help.

Thanks.

Tefila

Post Mon, Aug 15 2005, 11:00 am
Also after awhile it can get pricy depending if it's a family member or close friend that I will ask what they want or buy. Then gifts that I got from my others b/4 that were not hepful 4 me like another stretchie etc I keep the original packaging and give it to someone who may very well find it useful like their first child etc. U see whenever I've had a baby I have atleast 200-300 gifts no exxagerating some is money, some gift cards soo useful and some gifts. But how many baby albums do I need etc. Don't get me wrong they all get Thank-You's cards w/h a pic b/c truthfully they didn't have 2 buy me anything Exclamation . So this is what I do but just make sure u never give a present to someone who gave that to u. Since that happend w/h mishloach manos once in N/Y. embarrassed

proudmom

Post Mon, Aug 15 2005, 11:05 am
there is a thread on this already.

supermom

Post Mon, Aug 15 2005, 12:23 pm
freilich I like your idea my sister in law did it with her wedding gifts she got five kallah boards with covers. and a lot of sets of dishes she kept the packages and shipped them off to other kallahs as presents.

queenie

Post Tue, Aug 16 2005, 10:24 am
I also "regifted" to people. For my engagement party tons of people from my Dh's side didn't buy off the registry so I got a lot of duplicates. I returned some stuff and what I couldn't I regifted. It was such a pain!! I had no time to run around and do that. My mil wouldn't tell people that I was registered bc she thought it was rude, like I was telling people what to buy me. My mother insisted that I register before the party. I even gave some of the duplicate gifts to my mother when she needed a gift.

I received 3 of the same challah board with a knife and I already had one just like it. Plus I received 3 other different boards for a total of 6 challah boards. Recently someone even gave me another one as a hostess gift bc they stayed with me for Yom Tov. I now have 4. That's why I love registries.

In February I gave my friend a seder plate and matza tray as an engagement gift. She said it was the only one she got. Of course, who would give that? (It was on sale shhh...) I've also given Chanukia's in the summer. My friend's sometime's laugh at my crazy gifts but they appreciate it later.

lucy

Post Sun, Aug 28 2005, 12:19 am
I am very into paracticle gifts, so here are a few ideas:
(1) When it's the 2ns girl or boy (especially if the are the same season as the first) I buy them esssentials like a bag of diapers, wipes, baby soap, shampoo, ect. then wrap it very nicely. bc that they always need.
(2) a toy for older siblings.
(3) for one of my friends she has the same lighters as me, so I bought her the same in a small version in silver plate, she loved it!
(4) if it's a girl I buy them a little candlestick
(5) baby bath with soap, ect.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics