Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Can this be an allergy

Classicookie

Post Sun, Nov 11 2007, 9:18 pm
my baby was on milk formula till 3 month at that time she was getting some brest milk too well she was always gassy and I toght it was my milk well when I took her off the brest milk ane she was on all forula she had terible dirty dipers evry time I feed her but I didnt think much of it I toght good my milk was bad well after we found blood in her diper a few times we took her off the milk base and the doc advied to go to almentum and not soy to be on the safe side I was talking to him about talking her off at a year bec this is costing a lot so he told me I can try soy and to put 1oz in with her outher formula well I am going crazy with every diper it was lose at times and she has gas but she was alsoo sick last week so I dont know I want to test her but everone says to wait also she throw up tonight I wonder if that means something?? thanks for reading

chavamom

Post Sun, Nov 11 2007, 11:54 pm
It's a little hard to decipher what exactly is going on. But the blood in the stool definitely could indicate a milk allergy (esp. since it went away when you took it out of the diet). As to what is going on with the soy now, hard to tell. She could have a bug or she could have an allergy. Try taking it out of the diet and then try again in a week or two when she is feeling better.

Pickle Lady

Post Mon, Nov 12 2007, 12:24 am
Take your child to an allerigist. They better understand allergies than regular peds. Truth is, your baby wasn't allergic to your milk but something that you were eating and/or the dairy formula. It takes time for the allergen to get out of the system so you need to realize that.

red sea

Post Mon, Nov 12 2007, 9:07 am
I would wait til she's feeling better and then try the soy once more to see if she can take it.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 8:14 pm
Go to an allergist.My baby is 3 months-- has mucus since a week old, reflux, eczema...I was told it's too early to test. PS- he has a severe allergy to eggs. I learned that u need to go with your gut feeling. If you feel something is not right, you get it checked till you get to the bottom of it. The first place I went was the ENT, I thought he had the answer- reflux, but I still didn't see much of a change, glad I went to the allergist and didn't listen to everyone who said the baby is too young... Hatzlacha!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics