Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Lemon pie recipe help

momof2+?

Post Thu, Oct 08 2020, 11:10 pm
I have a lemon pie filling to use up and riches whip in the freezer. I have already looked at other lemon pie filling recipe ideas and want to ask this. I have never made anything with lemon pie filling before. I assume it is ready to eat (not raw)? Can I spread it in a graham cracker crust, whip up the riches whip with some sugar and add it on top of the lemon and put it in the freezer?
Will the whip and lemon be icey? I really want it to be a shortcut for lemon meringue pie, but the whip will probably melt if I leave it in the fridge, right?

Thanks for your help!

shanie5

Post Thu, Oct 08 2020, 11:21 pm
it's ready to eat.

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Oct 08 2020, 11:23 pm
The whip won't melt in the fridge. I think I would refrigerate it, not freezer.

And please, send me a piece! I love lemon pie but nobody else here does. If I make one I will end up eating the entire thing all by myself.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 08 2020, 11:29 pm
momof2+? wrote:
I have a lemon pie filling to use up and riches whip in the freezer. I have already looked at other lemon pie filling recipe ideas and want to ask this. I have never made anything with lemon pie filling before. I assume it is ready to eat (not raw)? Can I spread it in a graham cracker crust, whip up the riches whip with some sugar and add it on top of the lemon and put it in the freezer?
Will the whip and lemon be icey? I really want it to be a shortcut for lemon meringue pie, but the whip will probably melt if I leave it in the fridge, right?

Thanks for your help!

Pour the filling into a pie crust. Whip up meringue, spread on top, and bake until meringue is golden. Cool and refrigerate.

momof2+?

Post Thu, Oct 08 2020, 11:32 pm
Thanks everyone for responding! Ra-mom, I could bake the riches whip? And it will get brown on top?

And not-so-busy, you can have 1 piece, but I'll have the rest. It is about time I make a dessert I like! (You should too!)

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Oct 08 2020, 11:41 pm
momof2+? wrote:
Thanks everyone for responding! Ra-mom, I could bake the riches whip? And it will get brown on top?

And not-so-busy, you can have 1 piece, but I'll have the rest. It is about time I make a dessert I like! (You should too!)

I'm pretty sure you can't bake a Richs whip, but it's not hard to make a meringue which you can bake.

I usually make myself one dish that nobody else likes for Yom Tov, but I'm trying not to gain too much weight, I finally lost 10lbs and I don't want to gain it all back!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 08 2020, 11:41 pm
momof2+? wrote:

It would have to be a meringue with egg whites, corn starch, cream of tarter, water sugar...

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Oct 08 2020, 11:53 pm
I have a great recipe for lemon pie using lemon pie filling! It uses marshmallow fluff, though (and whip). Do you still want it?

aimhabanim

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 12:03 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
I have a great recipe for lemon pie using lemon pie filling! It uses marshmallow fluff, though (and whip). Do you still want it?

Not op but I would love it please

shanie5

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 12:04 am
Mommyg8 wrote:

I found that recipe here on imamother. It's great! Used it for sheva brachos dessert.

Mommyg8

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 12:11 am
shanie5 wrote:
I found that recipe here on imamother. It's great! Used it for sheva brachos dessert.

I don't know if it's the same recipe, here's mine:

2 graham cracker crusts

2 - 8 oz. whips
7-1/2 oz. marshmallow fluff
1 can lemon pie filling

Beat one 8 oz. whip until stiff, add 1 can lemon pie filling and 7-1/2 oz. marshmallow fluff, blend on low speed. Fill pies.

Beat second 8 oz whip with a little confectioner's sugar, and spread on top of lemon pie filling.

Freeze and done!

Notsobusy

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 12:26 am
Mommyg8 wrote:

2 graham cracker crusts

2 - 8 oz. whips
1 can lemon pie filling

Beat one 8 oz. whip until stiff, add 1 can lemon pie filling and 7-1/2 oz. marshmallow fluff, blend on low speed. Fill pies.

Beat second 8 oz whip with a little confectioner's sugar, and spread on top of lemon pie filling.

Freeze and done!

This sounds so good! Maybe one day I'll try it and see if my kids like it.

shanie5

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 8:35 am
Mommyg8 wrote:

2 graham cracker crusts

2 - 8 oz. whips
1 can lemon pie filling

Freeze and done!

Almost the same. There are lots of versions here on imamother. The only difference is I use the 2 whips in the filling, none on top, a bit more fluff (1 cup).
This is yummy from frozen to fully defrosted.
I also made it with cherry pie filling and some prefer it to the lemon.

s c

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 8:43 am
Mommyg8 wrote:

2 graham cracker crusts

2 - 8 oz. whips
1 can lemon pie filling

Freeze and done!

I second this one. Its my easiest quick cheat dessert. Its good without the whip layer on top too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics