Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Moving into my babysitters house
Previous  1  2

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 12:50 pm
I wouldn't do it. Sounds like a potential disaster.

greenfire

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 1:07 pm
wow ... some things are just not meant to be ... I would never move in with anybody else for any reason ... too many details and complications ... bound to ruin a friendship too ... I would be cautious ...

yrs1025

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 2:46 pm
I wouldn't do it.

Squash

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 2:55 pm
I have nothing to add to all the very valid points brought up by others against the idea.

I would not do something like this. AT ALL.

newmom

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 3:24 pm
Bad idea. Besides, what about your regular job at the gan? You can't be making enough $ from this to turn your life upside down. Don't risk your friendship.

nechamashifra

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 8:26 pm
You say now that you will only cook for your family but when you actually move in, what are the odds that you will sit yourself and your family down with a nice meal while your friend's kids eat cereal? Very slim I think....
Just be prepared to cook for 2 families while you are there.

Love My Babes

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 8:54 pm
I totally cannot imagine something like this working out. first of all, whats with ur current job? are u quitting urs to help someone else with theirs? besides, what everyone is saying. How could u cook a nice piece of chicken and mashed potatoes for ur dh, while hers sits next to him eating cereal? and u have no idea what kind of labor she will have and how she will feel after the baby and what kind of strength she will have to take care of her other 3 with the new one. if C"V her new baby will cry all day, she will need help with her other kids...
well anyway, I give ur dh lots of credit. WOW, I cannot imagine too many men willing to move into a freinds house for 2 months. especially, for reasons like these.

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 9:19 pm
If you are so determined to do this, rent an apartment nearby. DO NOT move in. As Benjamin Franklin said "fish and guests smell after 3 days". Your friendship will not survive this.

qeenB

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 9:44 pm
maybe you could do it part time. say from 10-4 and she could get someone else to do the early morning part.

redhot

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 9:47 pm
this sounds really risky to me. It may end horribly. Id say its better to come each day, and if u are a few minutes late, its her house so even if she just had a baby she can watch the kids for a FEW minutes till you get there, (and you would give her the $ for the time she watched them).

Seraph

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 1:04 pm
Well, about my regular job-
I work for my sister in law. This babysitter is her best friend. The babysitter asked my sister in law first if I could replace babysitter. Sister in law agreed. And the babysitters sister in law will probably be replacing me at my sister in laws. Sister in law swap.
And yes, I will be making enough money to make this worth it... At least 5 times more than I regularly make...

Btw- I don't make such fancy suppers that people would be jealous...
And I shared an apt with someone as a single, and it didnt bother me to make nice suppers while she ate her cereal and milk...

happymom

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 5:08 pm
it doesnt sound like a good idea to me at all!!!! besides when someone has a new baby, no matter how close they are with thier friend they need privacy, and I just think its a really bad idea, but goodluck with whatever u decide

Hannah!

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 8:48 pm
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Tue, May 06 2008, 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Seraph

Post Wed, Nov 21 2007, 2:05 am
Hannah! wrote:
breslov wrote:

And I shared an apt with someone as a single, and it didnt bother me to make nice suppers while she ate her cereal and milk...

There is a difference between watching an adult, who could choose to make her own hot supper and is instead choosing to eat cereal and milk, eat a cold supper, and watching three small children eat cereal and milk for yet another supper while you and your husband sit down to something fresh and piping hot.

I don't think I'll feel bad for the kids, because they prefer cereal and milk... Wink

Quote:

While you do seem to be determined to make this situation work, and I give you kol ha'kovod for wanting to help your friend (in addition to shortening your husbands commute to/from work), I do think that, it all likelihood, you will wind up bearing at least some of the burden for your friend's housework. From your posts, you seem to be a very considerate and chessed oriented individual -- in the end, you will probably have rachmonos on your friend the kimpeturin and start taking on her household responsibilities.

When it comes to other people's housework, you have to pay me to do it. I barely do my own housework as it is, don't think I'll end up doing someone else's...

greentiger

Post Wed, Nov 21 2007, 4:00 am
Breslov, good luck if you do this. There's a saying about good friends keeping a distance, and I really hope this won't affect your friendship in any negative way. I don't mean to discourage you, but again, I'm sure most people would start feeling invaded after a week even with close family.

Make sure to be on the lookout for warning signs of your family getting on her nerves please. and also arrange with her in advance that if she finds it's difficult for her or her family at any point, she should let you know right away so that she won't feel like she's kicking you out if things don't go as planned in the end.

Hannah!

Post Wed, Nov 21 2007, 5:24 pm
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Tue, May 06 2008, 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total

ange

Post Tue, Jan 08 2008, 2:54 pm
Any update Breslov...I've been curious to hear how things are working out?

Seraph

Post Tue, Jan 08 2008, 3:53 pm
not moving in... shes gonna watch babies from 7 till 8...
I start sunday- wish me luck!

ange

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 9:31 am
Good luck!!! I am relieved for you that you won't be moving in for so long... I hope you end up feeling like this was the right decision for your family Smile

mama-star

Post Sat, Jan 19 2008, 11:59 pm
this sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. I wouldn't do it. Sad
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics