Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
What can it be?

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jan 01 2008, 10:15 pm
my baby gets a red face after eating food-a big variety. can it be an allergic reaction?

momluv

Post Tue, Jan 01 2008, 11:09 pm
itching it too, or just red? is the baby kvetchy? mine itches by his eyebrows at the start then works his way around his face to his cheeks and ears. if its really bad its all over at once and he yells and screams. he is highly allergic to many things so its definitely a possibility.

grin

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 2:59 am
def. could be an allergy, esp if he's eating a variety of foods. Try eliminiating wheat, soy, and eggs for a start and see if there's a differnece. Fruits and veggeis are usually OK - carrots, potatoes, bananas, apples pears, etc. I wouldn't give oranges or berries of any kind to an infant. One of my kids is allergic to yeast.

What else is he eating?

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 7:19 pm
it doesnt itch but stays on the cheeks for a while-only on the face not anywhere else on the body

momluv

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 7:25 pm
doesn't make a difference if it's only on the face. my ds is the same way. do as rg says and see what happens and let us know. my ds is allergic to milk, eggs, strawberries, almonds and garlic. lately he is itching from everything containing chocolate, rye and soy. soy he was tested for but.......I wish I know what is going on. well, I'm going to have him tested now for another whole list of products. follow rg's directive and like I said before, clue us in as to what the results are. good luck!!

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Jan 02 2008, 8:34 pm
This same thing happened to ds - dh has a lot of allergies so I've been on the lookout.

He used to love chumus and ate it all of the time. Then I noticed that a couple of months later, every time he ate it, his whole face turned red - wherever any of the chummus got, I'm assuming. So, I stopped giving him the chumus and he never got a red face. Btw, dh is also allergic to the techina in chumus, so I guess ds is too.

I would suggest that you give him very basic meals - and try to figure out what food it could be. Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics