Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
Harchokos on tisha beav?

MommyEsty

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 12:46 pm
to what extent do you have to keeo the harchokos on tisha beav?
is passing ok ?

jewgal84

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 1:02 pm
Quote:
It is forbidden to touch one's wife during the evening of Tisha B'Av, even though she is not in nidda. It is also recommended to refrain from passing objects one to the other, as well as all the other limitations kept suring nidda.

Most poskim hold that the above limitations do not exist during the day time, however, it is preferable to refrain during the day as well.

Sleeping in the same bed is forbidden, even if both are fully clothed, have separate sheets and blankets and the bed is so large that there is no chance of unadvertently touching.

If the wife's mikveh night falls on 9 Av, which falls out on Shabbos, she should go to mikveh and relations are permitted.

It is preferable to refrain from relations on the eve of the 10th of Av unless it is the night of the mikveh or he is leaving or returning from a trip.

Quoted from"Family Purity" By: Rabbi F. Jacobs

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 1:11 pm
According to my rav, only touching and sleeping in one bed is ossur -- all harchakos like passing don't have to be kept.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 1:16 pm
Am I the only one who never heard of keeping harchakos on tisha b'av? I thought you just aren't supposed to have relations?

realeez

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 1:22 pm
In Rav Eider's sefer on Niddah he says that at night you should keep harchakos; included in that is not sleeping in the same bed. During the day, you should treat the day like an Onas Vest - so no touching for pleasure like hugging and kissing but passing, etc is allowed. He said that is allowed b/c it is a day when women don't get all dressed up in Yom Tov clothing.

jewgal84

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 2:00 pm
Ask your Rav!!!

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Mon, Jul 23 2007, 5:21 pm
my rov said they apply at night.
does that include not wearing short sleeved nightgown?

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jul 23 2007, 5:58 pm
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:
my rov said they apply at night.
does that include not wearing short sleeved nightgown?

only if you don't wear them during nidda I would say

amother

Post Mon, Jul 23 2007, 6:34 pm
Amother above,
I am freeking out - I also never heard of this. But then again, this is my first 9 Av married, so I am going to ask DH.

miriamnechama

Post Tue, Jul 24 2007, 4:18 am
my rov said thathey all have to be kept.... including harchokos. btw yom kippur has the same thing as tish baav, which icludes not sleepingin same bed etc and harchokos. but ask your rov anyways.

Mommy3.5

Post Tue, Jul 24 2007, 11:24 pm
I was taught no relations. Nothing about no touching. Same thing I was taught about onot, no relations, but touching is fine.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 25 2007, 1:11 am
My husband looked up in the hilchos tisha bav sefer, and it said no relations, and yesh lihachmir not to touch your wife either.
I didnt think to ask the rav because the halacha seemed pretty straight forward.
So we erm slept in the same bed and didn't keep harchakos. It couldn't have been an avera or anything, or the sefer woulda said that...

amother

Post Wed, Jul 25 2007, 1:25 am
And my dh sleeps on the floor on tisha bav, and I was NOT going to join him there! Twisted Evil
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days