Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Appetizers

jba

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 8:56 pm
I don't like making chicken soup. Other appetizers I have tried are gifilte fish and a tossed salad. Sometimes people eat it up other times I am eating the fish for lunch the rest of the week. I have also tried moroccan cigars with an israeli salad and a few sabra salads...also hit or miss, plus it looked a bit plain. Anyone have any ideas?

yedidya's mom

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 9:38 pm
I often do things with pastry dough- make bureka trinagles filled w. mashed potato or browned chopped meat. or a deli roll. it looks really nice and is not a lot of effort.

shoy18

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 9:39 pm
Chicken Crepes with mushroom sauce
Potato Burekkas with Mushroom sauce
Salmon wellington
Wantons with Apricot dipping suace

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 9:42 pm
stuffed peppers.

other kinds of fish, like herring, with pickled/dressed salads

other kinds of soups.

cold fruit like grapefruit with cherry on top, or waldorf salad

Last edited by chocolate moose on Sun, May 13 2007, 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dini

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 9:42 pm
shoy, care to offer recipes??? are they easy? thanks! greatly appreciated!

shoy18

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 9:53 pm
Dini wrote:
shoy, care to offer recipes??? are they easy? thanks! greatly appreciated!

Tom IYH Ill try and post the recipes, but if you have Kosher by Design (the wantons are in there) and the silver spoon (the salmon wellington is in there)

Burekas are simple just boil potatoes mash them add fried onions and put in puff pastry squares. Mushroom sauce Ill post tomorrow IYH.

stem

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 10:01 pm
You can also buy the frozen ready-made bourekas which you just need to bake. Serve it with a hot, homemade mushroom sauce, and everyone will rave about it.

Dini

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 10:56 pm
yeah I always buy the jerusalem bourekas. potatoe & mushroom, love them

bonzie

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 11:06 pm
what about a scoop of liver salad, and egg salad on green salad?

or, a puff pastry shell, take off the "cap" fill the inside with liver that was sauteed with onions salt and pepper, put the cap back on, and put on hot mushroom sauce, this is absolutely delish, I would make it every week if I wasn't afraid that my dh would get sick of it

MyKidsRQte

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 12:05 am
jba wrote:
I don't like making chicken soup. Other appetizers I have tried are gifilte fish and a tossed salad. Sometimes people eat it up other times I am eating the fish for lunch the rest of the week. I have also tried moroccan cigars with an israeli salad and a few sabra salads...also hit or miss, plus it looked a bit plain. Anyone have any ideas?

how do you make moroccan cigars?

Dini

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 2:47 pm
NY2434 wrote:
jba wrote:

how do you make moroccan cigars?

I also wanna know my dh loves them
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics