Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
No more matzah!!!

meesi

Post Sun, May 01 2005, 10:42 pm
Am I the only one who suffered terribly this year from eating matza, etc. I tried not to eat too much plain matza, but it is in everything and made me so ill... Does it bother anyone else's system or am I just getting old? Crying (I felt terrible for my dh, because this was not a good week to have tummy troubles embarrassed) but I am not comfortable eating egg matzot and don't want to go through this again next year. Any suggestions?

Chana

deedee

Post Sun, May 01 2005, 11:05 pm
was it all matzos? we had some spelt (I cant eat wheat) it was great-it tasted better then reg matza. it was finer and easier to chew. I also bought some oat matza-it was ok but the spelt was better.
I dont know if u can drink it on pesach but prune juice was a must in my house!

supermom

Post Mon, May 02 2005, 3:53 am
I used spelt matza also this year it is really good and tasty stomach pains I got tons of that it is a killer and it made me so grossed out so much matza thanks goodness it is all over!! well only until next year.

Pearl

Post Mon, May 02 2005, 7:52 am
I eat matza's only during the sedarim! don't touch it the rest of the week, or it has to shabbos, and I have to eat motzi...does that give you any idea on how happy I am it's over?!

meesi

Post Mon, May 02 2005, 10:10 am
Pearl, I think I will try that next year- matzah at the seder only. I cannot do what I did this year ever again! LOL There is a new kosher pizza place around the corner from me- guess where I am going to pick up my lunch? It is only 10:00 a.m., but I am already wondering what time the pizza will be ready. How early is too early for pizza? It is bread and cheese and fruit, right? Wink

Chana

Tefila

Post Mon, May 02 2005, 10:12 am
Quote:
I eat matza's only during the sedarim! don't touch it the rest of the week, or it has to shabbos, and I have to eat motzi

Ditto there! Wink

Pearl

Post Mon, May 02 2005, 10:34 am
I am more a pasta person than pizza, hey, but knock yourself out, never too early for pizza! you deserve it, and besides, how lucky is that, having a kosher pizza place right next door?!
I am still having fruits only, kosher bread was not available until 2 hours after I got to work Crying

meesi

Post Mon, May 02 2005, 11:14 am
Pearl,

Yes, we are very lucky. They have great pizza and falafel. They opened at Purim and I am really hoping that they will survive. There is a VERY large Jewish community here, but not that many who keep kosher :-( I am just so happy to have them for those times when I need to pick up a quick and easy dinner.

I have a meeting at noon, so I will probably not get to eat lunch until around 2 p.m. Oh, well, I waited a week, I can wait another few hours! :-)

TTYL

Chana

supermom

Post Mon, May 02 2005, 11:14 am
were we live there isn't any stores so had to go to town that only leaves us if we don't go to town with waiting for bread and all a couple of days thank goodness we went into town yesterday I couldn't look at bread and eggs for another second

Sunshine

Post Mon, May 02 2005, 2:10 pm
I am so happy that Pesach is over and so is my stomache!!! You know how a smoker gets when they decide to quit all shaky and sick and not feeling well. Let me tell you that I am litterally addicted to carbs. My body loves them and needs them to run properly. I can't stand protein except for milchigs - cheese and cottage cheese and yogurt. I can eat a little red meat but not enough to get full on bec it is hard for my stomache to digest, and I don't like chicken and fish. Pesach was beyond a nightmare. I was in bed since the first day of chol Hamoed and my stomache was in awful condition. Then to make it better I stopped eatting fruits and dairy and meat. That left me to eat veg, matzo (I hate)and potaoes and tea for the whole Pesach. I occasionally cheated and had a little milchig and friuts. That ment I had almost 0 fat and sugar for almost a week. Then not only did my stomache hurt but I was weak also so I had to conserve energy and stay in bed the whole day. I was shaking so bad it was very unhealthy. My stomache shrunk so much that I have to take it easy and eat slowly or I will throw up. I am chalishing to eat but at the same time scared that I will eat too much for my stomache to handle. I am trying to eat more frequent small meals. I already feel stronger and not as weak and not hungry. My stomache really loves chometz. I can eat pizza and spaghetti for weeks on end and not get tired of it.

supermom

Post Mon, May 02 2005, 2:17 pm
you must have lost a good amount of weight from not eating. pesach is not for everybody that is for sure.

Sunshine

Post Mon, May 02 2005, 2:26 pm
supermom wrote:
you must have lost a good amount of weight from not eating. pesach is not for everybody that is for sure.

No one should ever loose weight from starving. It is dangerous and very hard on your body to continue so eventually when they stop they will gain it all back plus more. Anyways, who says I am trying or that I want/ need to loose weight? 8)

supermom

Post Mon, May 02 2005, 2:34 pm
didn't exactly say you are trying or want to loose just when a person doesn't eat they naturally loose weight thats all

Pearl

Post Tue, May 03 2005, 3:06 am
sunshine, that sounds like a very unhealthy ordeal! is there no way for you to have a healthier balanced pesach? did you talk to a rav about it? and a doctor? you must really dread pesach then.... Crying

Sunshine

Post Tue, May 03 2005, 2:57 pm
This was the first year it was so bad. Before I was married my parents had oil and a few pakaged foods so there was more I could eat. Also I think I was very tired from making Pesach for the first time that contributed to it and the weather is going crazy here. My sil also has a hard time bec she is vegitarian. I am for sure going to speak to a Rav and tell him what happened and so I know what to do next year G-d forbid if I have the same thing. I know it was very unsafe and it scared me really badly that is why I want to know what to do to prevent this. B"H I am feeling much better and almost completely back to normal. I am trying to rest up as much as I can and to eat and drink properly.

Pickle Lady

Post Tue, May 03 2005, 4:48 pm
My son was sick erev shabbos with really bad Diarrhea and vomiting. We spoke to a rav cause all the basic pesach juices would have made him worse and he is highly allergic to dairy. so we asked the rav if we could give him Rice Dream. He said fine cause he was sick. So forsure speak with a Rav. My doctor said that if he wasn't more hydrated within 12 hours he was going to send us to the ER. B"H we didn't have to go.

meesi

Post Tue, May 03 2005, 10:56 pm
Shayna, how scary! Thank G-d you did not have to go to the hospital. Is ds okay now?

Chana
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics