Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Strollers

shluchamom

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 4:42 pm
Can anyone tell me whats a good dependable decent single stroller to be used almost daily but in and out of car as well. I seem to be getting reports that the inglesina zippy is the best for this. If you know where I can get this one for a decent price ( I dont need all the extras or the 2007 model) I just want a basic stroller that will be reliable.

Thanks

Tovah

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 4:51 pm
I have the inglesina zippy and love it. it's all and all a great stroller. I bought mine from a frum store. but why not look on the web and have it delived if u live in the us and not near any frum stores.

jba

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 5:27 pm
I have a maclaren quest. I like it alot. I have taken it all around town (about 3 miles of walking daily), into NYC -- subways etc. The one drawback is the basket is a bit small. don't know how it compares to others.

shoy18

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 6:10 pm
Inglesina Zippy, its great for going in and out of cars and it wheels well outside and in.

shopaholic

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 6:31 pm
My sister just bought the Zooper twist & loves it.

http://www.zooper.com/p-twist-c.html

S.Shcwartz

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 8:15 pm
I did not enjoy my inglesina zippy, I personally think the maclarens are much much stronger.

lamplighter

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 8:30 pm
the zooper looks queer in my opinion. has anyone else heard of it? what are the reviews?

shluchamom

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 9:05 pm
S.Shcwartz wrote:
I did not enjoy my inglesina zippy, I personally think the maclarens are much much stronger.

I used to have a maclaren for the last 7 years and it was very strong and gave me good use but I was told that the current maclarens aren't made in europe anymore but rather in china and that people are having lots of problems with them quality wise although they are still comfortable to use.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 11:36 pm
la456 wrote:
the zooper looks queer in my opinion. has anyone else heard of it? what are the reviews?

I have it, and I really like it. It looks queer because of the angle of the picture in the link. Look at some other pictures, it looks very similar to the maclaren.

I bought mine in a Frum store in Boro Park. I chose it because when I bought it in December, they were selling the 2006 model for very cheap. I asked about the quality, and how it compares to the Maclaren, and they said it's basically the same, just Zooper is a newer company, where as Maclaren has been around for years.

Having said that, my Zooper is not my main stroller. I have a Valco that I use regularly, and I only use my Zooper for travelling, and when I go in the car.

Dini

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 12:00 am
how much did the zooper cost?

shopaholic

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 9:58 am
I think you can get it for $169.

Dini

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 10:44 am
I just saw it on amazon for $99. how long does your sister have it? could u rite the good and bad about it?

Dini

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 10:45 am
does she live in bp and walk all over with it? thanks

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 10:51 am
I have the zooper waltz (it's a bar instead of handles, and not umbrella fold). It cost me 149, and I love it. Too bad it's not my main stroller anymore (I have a double), but it pushes very nicely and is good quality for a fraction of the price. came with a lot of extras too.
The Twist looks like a good stroller (lightweright, and good fold), but it doesn't seem like it's suitable for a newborn.

amother

Post Sat, Apr 28 2007, 11:33 pm
Dini wrote:
I just saw it on amazon for $99. how long does your sister have it? could u rite the good and bad about it?

I'm the sister, and the amother who posted above (sorry, I don't want e/o who knows my sister to know who I am!)

I've had it since Dec. but like I said above, it's not my main stroller. I have a Valco which I love, but I don't like to fold it. My rule is, that if the stroller needs folding, then I take the Zooper.

It's really like the maclaren. It folds easily, and is very light. I have a KA"H very heavy 18 month old and I can lift it up and down steps fine.

Would I use it for a newborn? The way I use it now, as a second stroller, I probably would. It doesn't recline fully, but not all strollers do. I would probably just buy one of those things to go through the straps, that support the head.

I like that it comes with a foot muff. It's not warm, but it would be great for a baby. I don't use it because it's not too deep, and my toddler's feet are kind of squished in it.

The main thing I like is that the rain cover (and the UV cover that I don't think I'll ever use!) fit into this little pouch that hangs on the handle. I always hate filling up half of the basket underneath with the rain cover, and then having to find somewhere else to store it when you fold the stroller. This way it's always there, and it's very neat.

Sorry for the long post... If you have any other questions, let me know!

Dini

Post Sun, Apr 29 2007, 1:50 am
Thanks I ordered it from amazon w/o seeing it before hand b/c I am so desperate. thanks for your reply b/c I was worried that I made a mistake
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics