Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
How many strollers have you bought/owned?
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Fri, Mar 06 2015, 6:59 pm
Okay this is not a for bugaboo thread or a bashing bugaboo thread. I'm just trying to get numbers.

How many strollers have you owned and over how many years of children?

I dont care if you bought the stroller or if someone bought it for you, I am not asking a monetary question but a numbers question.
My question is not taking into account if they were all cheap or they were all expensive.
My question is not taking into account if they were needed or wanted.
My question is not taking into account if they were a bad purchase or good purchase

I have an obsession with stroller and for someone who can claim this, I have owned way too few strollers (then again strollers can be an expensive obsession)

I have owned 5 strollers and my oldest child is 12.

Just in case you wanted to know
1 - snap n go (bought for me)
2 - full stroller
3 - lightweight that I hated, didnt work properly or as I expected
4 - lightweight, replaced the first one
5 - full stroller to replace the well used first one (bought for me)
(6 - double, was my in laws, used it for 1 year, if I wouldnt have borrowed from them I would have probably spent the money on a boogie board instead, I would not have bought myself a double)

I am taking this non scientific survey because I really want a new lightweight (the one I have is from child #1) but in all honesty I dont NEED one, I simply WANT one. My dh thinks that we have owned enough strollers and that I am crazy to want to buy another and in my opinion most people who are in similar situations as me (amount of kids in amount of years) have owed at least 8 strollers (with at most 2 bought for them). Personally I have spent a maximum of $600 out of pocket (its been a long time but I over estimated $100) and I dont think my request is asking too much.

(oh and please dont make this a SB thread. If I wanted to I could buy the stroller today and my dh would get over it by tomorrow. I havent bought it out of respect for him. I know its a want verses need and I have a hard time spending on wants. I almost made my weight loss present a stroller for myself and when I actually hit the weight loss goal I couldnt bring myself to buy the stroller, since it was a want)

Ruchel

Post Sat, Mar 07 2015, 2:23 pm
We've had 2 chicco
1 britax
2 formula baby (one double)
1 bébé confort

Our criteria is light (the lightest), easy to manipulate, if possible not big brands (price), and not big (so they can enter the building and elevator). Like, no side by side double.

4 were for our first.

I currently use the double one (pink and purple Heart ), and my husband needs to fix back a tire on it. It was donated to us.

amother

Post Sat, Mar 07 2015, 2:47 pm
I've had 6 (by the time my oldest was 6 or 7..)

1 snap n' go
1 umbrella stroller
1 inglesina zippy (bought used)
1 double maclaren
1 double phil n' ted
1 citi mini

each one served its purpose well, and didn't serve other purposed(hence were replaced)

Raisin

Post Sat, Mar 07 2015, 3:02 pm
6 kids, 15 years. I think number of kids is relevant.

1 graco (used till stolen)
combi single stroller (used till it fell apart...loved this one, so small and light, would have bought another if they still made it)
1 maclaren double (used till it broke, hate maclarens to this day and would not buy another)
graco double someone gave us second hand
peg perego single
double aria (still have these two but don't use them)
city mini (used till fell apart)
icandy single stroller system
city mini (both bought in great condition second hand)

We bought all these strollers ourselves except one which friends bought.

abby1776

Post Sat, Mar 07 2015, 3:23 pm
4 kids my oldest is 9
Snap and go (bought new)
Inglisina zippy (bought new)
Graco double (bought new)
Mountain buggy double (hand me down)
Maclaren umbrella (hand me down, and I really never used it and gave it away)
Snap and go again (new)
Citi mini single (gift)
Citi mini double (in current use)

I am currently using the citi mini double and I have the single and the zippy still. All the others I have away.

yo'ma

Post Sat, Mar 07 2015, 7:02 pm
Let me see if I can remember.
First single, then double, then sit and stand, I think two or three umbrella strollers, and another one or two single ones.
Between 6 and 8 in 14 years unless I forgot some.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Mar 07 2015, 7:06 pm
One full size stroller and one umbrella stroller.
6 years later a snap n go and a full carriage. Then another umbrella stroller to replace the one that was used until it collapsed Smile

amother

Post Sat, Mar 07 2015, 7:11 pm
2 kids, in the span of almost 4 years we've bought
5 strollers:
1 peg perego plikop3 (fell apart pretty quickly. Gave it away to a friend)
1 easy baby (Israeli company - lightweight stroller)
1 baby trend jogger (LOVE this one)
1 contours options double stroller (was great for the first few months but once my baby was no longer a newborn, it was a very heavy stroller)
1 mountain buggy duet (best double stroller I've seen)

I have another 3 or 4 strollers on my wish list. If only we had unlimited money Very Happy
On my wish list:
1. Phil & Teds double - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LSY89LY?psc=1
2. Bassinet for my mountain buggy duet
3. Valco baby triple stroller (double stroller + toddler seat) - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DR5TR0E?psc=1

OP, kudos to you for respecting your husbands opinion. My husband also thinks we have enough stroller, and I think he is right. The above are strictly wants and my life will be fine without them.
(However, I do think that a good stroller makes all of the difference. It encourages the mother to want to go out with her kids. When I got the mountain buggy, I took my kids out a lot more and didn't dread the walk at all since I knew it would be a nice smooth walk instead an uncomfortable walk of me pushing a heavy, clumsy double stroller)

alef12

Post Sat, Mar 07 2015, 7:52 pm
4 kids.
1 snap and go
1 Maclaren umbrella stroller (returned when broke a few months after purchased and replaced with a new one by the store but still only counts as one by me)
1 citi mini bought when my third child was born but barely used, gave it to my sister in law.

Caveat here, I was huge babywearer, don't ask how many baby carriers I had embarrassed

amother

Post Sat, Mar 07 2015, 8:12 pm
5 kids, 8 1/2 years
1 single maclaren for 8 years
1 double city mini for 7 years
1 single citi mini gt for 1/2 year

(You make feel good:))

tweety1

Post Sat, Mar 07 2015, 8:26 pm
Pregego pliko- by first one
Inglesina travel-by first one
Double mountain buggy by 2nd was a lemon
Double baby jogger by 3rd still own but never use it cuz its a truck
Bought Mountain buggy duet by number 4 using now for 3rd child bh is great condoition (4, 5, and 6)
Bought a buggy board by #5 if I remember correctly and love it.
Expecting now #7 and really want a new double. Will c if it'll happen

seeker

Post Sat, Mar 07 2015, 8:59 pm
I don't think comparing with others is going to help you at all. If there is some reason/way that a new stroller will improve your quality of life and you are able to budget for it (can DH just accept your choice if you say you prefer to spend $200 on a new stroller and forgo $200 worth of cleaning help/convenience foods/gift/other? Or you take some extra work and use the profits for the stroller? What exactly is his objection?)

But just for the fun of it (2 kids, preschooler and toddler)
I have had a lot of hashgacha with strollers, would not have owned nearly this many if I had to buy them, though I probably would have chosen to buy a better one that could have served more needs with one stroller (something that I could use with a second seat, car seat, and ride-along board all in one stroller)
1. snap n go, borrowed, had to return to owner and buy a new one so I don't know if it counts as having 2 separate strollers. So let's call it
1b. snap n go bought ($10 on craigslist) after returning the borrowed one and needing one again
2. Full size single stroller (someone was trashing it. I got FOUR YEARS of continuous use out of it! Now it's trash for real)
3. Maclaren single that lives in the car
4. Maclaren double that someone gave us secondhand when I (briefly) had 2 under 2
5. Peg Perego P3, again someone was discarding it and I took it because it has a step in back for a kid to ride on. I could have saved tons of space by just getting a buggy board for my big stroller, which I couldn't give away because my baby would only sleep in that and nowhere else at that point. Whatever.
6. Not yet. Really want to replace my big stroller with something that isn't dying, but I can't justify it right now with my baby getting kind of big for strollers altogether and the P3 that technically still works fine even though I don't love it. I share OP's fondness for baby gear shopping, though, so I think I need to have another baby so I can pick out a new stroller Wink

zigi

Post Sat, Mar 07 2015, 9:16 pm
3 of mine got stolen. I now chain them up.

valco with the oldest then -stolen
jeep lightweight- stolen
used maclaren - stolen

used valco broke in the end
sit and stand
used double combi also broken
phil and ted
city micro broke
second hand valco double its the funny shaped one
city mirco this one I use the most now
icoo bassinet

only 11 wow. lol my oldest is iy'h going to be 11. some of my strollers would have lasted longer if not stolen or if I didn't get them used. I liked the combi but the wheels are attached with plastic and it snapped off. its a great car stroller. I really use my strollers in the city they are my car.

bnm

Post Sat, Mar 07 2015, 9:16 pm
1-Camelion
2-snap n go- neighbor loaned it to me, I hated it so bought the car seat adaptor for #1 and returned it
3-Maclaren Quest- got as gift, traded with same neighbor for: #4, she is still using the quest 6 years later but I returned to her #4
4-Baby Jeep jogger city version (front tire rotates) had large air tires which I wanted for the snowy weather we had that year but every time I wanted to use it they where flat again
5-City Mini- needed a carriage that is easily foldable with one hand for public transportation

then I had kid #2 Smile

sold my cam to someone from on here, and got
6-Donkey
last year I started complaining that the City Mini is hurting my wrists and back (it needed new tires but wasn't worth investing anymore) so my husband told me to just go buy a 'bugaboo that is smaller, like the ones with small tires....' so I bought
7-Bee from someone on here Smile and gave the city mini to someone else on here who thinks its great...

had my third kid a month ago and got the car seat adapter for the Bee. I currently own the Bee and Donkey, nothing else.... I live in a city apartment, otherwise I'm sure I would own 1 or 2 more... I also have an Ergo... and 4 car seats for 3 kids....

bnm

Post Sat, Mar 07 2015, 9:19 pm
now if you want a list of baby gear I've gone through Seeker.... love them but live in a city apartment.... I also got lots on Freeycycle so I lend them out when I'm done with it. I'm on to my second swing but I know its up to kid #4 since I"ve gotten it.....

kb

Post Sat, Mar 07 2015, 9:38 pm
Gosh now I feel weird. Three kids, four years, one stroller. (And a $20 umbrella stroller we bought from Wal-Mart for air travel.)

2ringsnow

Post Sat, Mar 07 2015, 10:41 pm
Have one kid
Borrowed snap n go from my sis
Have a bugaboo
Got myself the uppababy for travelling and for the car .

amother

Post Sat, Mar 07 2015, 10:45 pm
snap n go ( had a few car seat to snap in on over the years) ) love the snap n go!
maclaren quest - love this stroller too!
citi mini double... - used for a few years with a few different kids
inglesina - don't love this stoller

this is in a span of 9 yrs.

amother

Post Sat, Mar 07 2015, 11:02 pm
I don't see what the age of your oldest has to do with anything; more to the point would be how many kids you have. Mother of four kids here, all long since out of strollers.

1. We started with a big, heavy, very expensive imported limousine that I bought mainly because of its big rubber-tired wheels and its sturdy look. It took uneven city sidewalks and broken flagstone paths with aplomb, and maneuvered like a dream. Just press down on the handle to tip it onto its rear wheels and pivot. And the brake was great, one bar going across the rear wheels, held in place with a strong, strong spring. But while you could dismantle it, it didn't fold up, which meant it was no good for car travel, and it had no seat belt, and the suspension was just a plastic belt that soon stretched out. We gave it away after about a year and a half, maybe sooner. Talk about a bad investment!

2. Bought a 'temporary until we find something better' Graco model that cost maybe 40% of what the limousine did. Small wheels, no suspension, but it folded up easily. It was the last stroller we bought and IIRC we gave it away to someone after our youngest outgrew it.

3. A cheap umbrella stroller, no name, no suspension, no support, no sunshade, no nothing, just a fabric seat slung between steel umbrella handles, for plane travel.

Eso es todo. How many strollers does a family need?

jemappelle

Post Sun, Mar 08 2015, 12:11 am
I totally understand you!
I have 5 children k"ah, oldest is 10, youngest is 1.
1) snap n go (wasnt going to count this as I see it only as an easy way to move the car seat, not as a stroller, but I see everyone else listed it)
2) bebe confort basinet- given to me- less used outside, more used inside as a basinet downstairs etc.
3) inglesina zippy- bought for my oldest, more or less retired
4) city select - great!
5) city mini - given to me- I do not like this one at all
6) [not counted in my book] and then I keep a very cheap umbrella stroller in my trunk for dashing out to a store etc.

having said that...I'd like an uppa baby!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics