Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Need motivation to continue

amother

Post Sun, Apr 08 2007, 12:09 pm
I’m sinking into a depressed state where I don’t want to cook clean prepare for the last part of yom tov. I’m sick of this food, the kids home, the dh around all the time. I feel like hiding out until its over. I did take out soup from the freezer and started cooking the fish. Otherwise I have zero left in me.

Raisin

Post Sun, Apr 08 2007, 12:13 pm
You can cook on y't. Just have simple fresh food - fresh baked chicken /meat and roast veggies.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Apr 08 2007, 12:16 pm
leave the kids at home with dh for half an hour and take a walk by yourself. You just need a short break, you;ll be reinvigorated.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 08 2007, 12:17 pm
I haven’t been out of this hole forever. There’s no place to go, nobody to go with and nothing to spend with.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Apr 08 2007, 12:18 pm
Did you get anything new for yomtov, for yourself? I find that helps a LOT.

Do you need help in the house or want some company? Maybe you can split the cooking with a friend, or have a friend come by for a little while....or play a Torah or music tape.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 08 2007, 12:21 pm
We make everything ourselves and buy nothing. There is no going to other people for meals or guest for meals. Its killing me. If I don’t cook we wont buy. If I don’t buy meat today what will I cook with tomorrow. If I don’t get up from this chair who will make scrambled eggs for brunch

greenfire

Post Sun, Apr 08 2007, 12:29 pm
I try not to serve the same things over and over so that we don't get sick of them ... I actually even make cheese omelets for one of the meals you can make veggie omelets if you don't eat cheese ... but either fish and salad, or meat/chicken and potatoes or soup with veggies/chicken from the soup ... for either meal not every meal ...
and like the little train that could ... give it one more push ... you can do it ... enlist help from H let him go buy the meat - and kids if necessary... and take a nice long bath ... Good luck!!!

withhumor

Post Sun, Apr 08 2007, 12:47 pm
Did you have chocolate yet today?

greenfire

Post Sun, Apr 08 2007, 1:03 pm
who me? what kind ... rosemary split ... choco blanc ... harmony ...

amother

Post Sun, Apr 08 2007, 1:04 pm
I'm wondering also how I'm going to do everything for the 2nd days now, but my husband took the kids out for a while, and it's quiet here, so I'm going to start.

The whole morning I've been hanging up wet laundry because my dryer broke right before YomTov (last week). Whew, I'm lucky it wasn't before that. I have to run out to the store and get a few things that we ran out of too.

I cook on YomTov, I just grate the potatoes for the kugel now in my food processor, and store it in jars, cook it on Yomtov. The chicken, flavored with sweet potato, carrot, onion ,orange slices cooks up quickly, and the drippings make a very good soup, 2 in one recipe, the vegetables make a very good tzimmes. It cooks easily on YomTov. Fish can go with cucumber slices, and some chrein left from the morror. Dessert is fresh fruit, cut up. There's a whole meal. voila.

eggs can be hard-boiled, mashed for brunch. easy.

withhumor

Post Sun, Apr 08 2007, 1:10 pm
By me there’s a round the clock panic for food. it’s non stop hunting. Someone is constantly staring in to the open fridge, another is constantly straightening the rows on the cakes. It’s endless. I have tons of hard eggs in the fridge and someone is constantly choking down another one. Argggggggg 2 kids already threw up 2 day sin a row. Yay.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Apr 08 2007, 1:38 pm
As I saidk, it's easier when you have help or company . . . and if you have a new robe or necklace or some such.

Tht's what works for me.

greenfire

Post Sun, Apr 08 2007, 1:41 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
As I saidk, it's easier when you have help or company . . . and if you have a new robe or necklace or some such.

Tht's what works for me.

that would work for me too - but whose buying ?!?! Not everyone has the means to purchase s/t even if they need it let alone just to make them happy ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics