Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Looking for egg-less mayo recipe

Mom2girls

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 4:41 am
hi, anyone has recipe for egg-less mayonnaise as my child is allregic to it?
also if anyone has recipes for pesach of cakes.. with no eggs please post! thanks in advance!

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 8:55 am
wow - that sounds impossible - good luck finding them!!!

HooRYou

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 9:02 am
I can't say anything about the cake, but I ate a chol ha moed meal by friends last year who served a nut "mayonaise" that was really yummy. It was probably some combination of nuts, water, oil and spices. I don't have a recipe and knowing this family the way that I do they probably don't either bt rather made it up as they went along. Give it a try.

Also, instead of cake why don't you just mix finely ground nuts and melted chocolate. I would prefer truffles to Pesach cake any day!

withhumor

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 9:54 am
How about just egg whites?

Maybe whip up some nuts, but add lemon (instead of vinegar), oil, and salt. And see what comes out of it!

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 11:04 am
Depending on what you're using mayo for, you can substitute avocado. Like if you need something creamy for a dressing, use avocado.

Mishie

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 11:15 am
I didn't know there's such a thing as Eggless Mayo...
Isn't it made out of: Oil and Eggs??

I searched, and came up with a recipe which calls for Soy Milk, and Maple Syrup (which I think might be Kitniyos).
Do you want the recipe?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 1:02 pm
do you want t make it milchig?

Mom2girls

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 6:08 am
she's allergic to the whole egg so the egg white alone doesn't help
I will be using for her soya milk as she's allergic to milk too - only thing will probably she'll have to use disposable when eating it..
how would I make mayo with nuts? if youknow about I'll experiment abit..
do you have exact recipe for truffles? I'll make it for her for dessert or treat
thanks!

HooRYou

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 6:34 am
As I said I don't have a recipe for the mayoniase, bt I would do would be to put a small amount of mild tasing nuts like almonds or cashews in the blender with a pinch of salt and enough water and oil to make it a thin consisitency. If you are willing to experiement I can almost B"N guarantee that while it might not tasle like mayo it will probab;y be yummy Tongue Out !

For the truffles I think you can keep it simple and grind some nuts, and add just enough melted chocolate to make ot stick and pour it so that it is eitehr thin and flat (like into a large jelly roll pan) or if you want them to be facny into individual paper liners (the small size) or chcocolate molds. You could also add any fruits or dried fruits that she likes. You can even make things easier and just dip slices of fruit or whole berries into melted chococlate. I have done it for Pesach with banana. If you want to you can roll them in ground nuts too. It might be a fun priject for your DD (assuming she is old enough, of course).

Instead of the soy milk have you looked into Almond milk? I am not sure if it is available KLP, but kitnios wouldn't be a problem. Are you doing it just for the calcium? maybe you could skip it for the week. We can't be the only family that basically goes without dairy for the chag.

Mom2girls

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 3:49 am
I'm keeping the soya milk bec of the calcium - she doesn't like the calcium tablets - she spits it all out and would throw it up too.... truth I dont even think she'll eat so much soya milk since I don't know how edible she'll find the pesach cereals...

granolamom

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 9:02 pm
I used to have a recipe for egg free mayo, made with tofu. Nasoya also makes one if you don't want to bother making it yourself.
I can dig up the recipe if you want it, though it won't be much help for pesach.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics