Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Worried sick - please help ASAP
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Apr 29 2014, 2:29 pm
No hairs around the fingers or toes?

amother

Post Tue, Apr 29 2014, 4:44 pm
Op. Sounds like everyone is going toward the direction of allergies to milk. I'm wondering if to try other formulas or try NO formula for a few days first then go to other formula if it works. Ill also have to cut dairy off my diet- that includes all dairy or only milk? What about yogurts? Hard cheeses? Etc.

Also babies stool was yellow-brown UNTIL THE LAST DIAPER when it dark brown- green. But baby only eats one side at a time anyway (won't take more than one side...). Maybe doesn't eat long enough sometimes to reach the end of the milk (type of baby who eats very quickly)? What do I do?

And to the poster saying maybe baby is just hungry - I always think that because baby will try to suck more on the breast but start crying and push me away then try again and so forth but when I try formula usually wouldn't take it either so I guess not hungry after all ...

And of course babies cry - that's a sad part of life but this just seemed different.

Ill speak to the ped tomorrw morning . Thanks everyone. In my head I was going much further than allergies (not that this is not hard enough ...) and I'm relived everyone is thinking that. You are all so kind to answer my questions and give me so much info!

greenfire

Post Tue, Apr 29 2014, 5:09 pm
some babies are just screamers ...

shanarishona

Post Tue, Apr 29 2014, 5:14 pm
consider GERD - ask your dr.
my baby got a little better with zantac, but then switched to prilosec which is stronger

MommytoB

Post Tue, Apr 29 2014, 5:18 pm
ALL dairy. But the big indicator of a dairy allergy is blood in the poop.

chatouli

Post Tue, Apr 29 2014, 5:48 pm
One of my kids screamed nonstop until I cut out dairy from my diet completely and gave him similac sensitive if I had to give formula. It took about three days for him to feel better.

At about one month of age though, my other son cried a lot just bc he needed to nap more. He had grown out of that newborn phase when babies just fall asleep all the time on their own, and he didn't know how to go to sleep. I had to make sure he napped and then he was fine. Could your DD just be overtired?

amother

Post Tue, Apr 29 2014, 6:29 pm
the diaper was different cuz your baby ate formula - totally normal.

Rejuvenate

Post Tue, Apr 29 2014, 7:21 pm
This might be taking it in a differnt direction.
You may want to rule out a fever (Babys this little are bundled up an feel warm in regardless). Or an injury, does anything trigger her crying?

Hope all is well!

amother

Post Tue, Apr 29 2014, 7:40 pm
Op. I checked fever and injury first thing to rule it out ... Bh there was nothing.

Of course my baby cries - she's a baby and a baby that generally knows how to cry bit this was totally a different level of crying and she was suffering. She's hoarse from crying Sad

DH agrees with the poster saying maybe she was tired- because she barely slept today (I tried pitting her to sleep but she kept waking up ) but I doubt it- I always have to put her to sleep (she doesnt fall asleep on her own much anymore) and she was so unsettled the entire day that she woke up every 5 minutes...

I'm cutting out dairy and hoping for the best. I really hope she doesn't suffer like this for three more days: she's so small:(

I also started giving her a pacifier - I hope this isn't related to that..

Thanks again everyone... I'm really much calmer and able to sleep because of you.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 29 2014, 7:42 pm
shanarishona wrote:
consider GERD - ask your dr.
my baby got a little better with zantac, but then switched to prilosec which is stronger

Ill consider meds if this lasts longer than a day... Thanks!

the world's best mom

Post Tue, Apr 29 2014, 8:04 pm
So you should cut out all dairy products from your diet. It is an adjustment, but it is totally worth it if it helps. Also switch her to soy formula.

I just want to note that it is probably not an allergy- just an intolerance. 90% of upset stomach in newborns comes from dairy intolerance. By the time the baby is 3-5 months old, she may be more ready to handle it. My kids were all off dairy at first, and at around 4 months old, it stopped giving them stomach aches. (3 out of my 4 kids started getting ear infections/hearing loss then and had to go back off the dairy, but hopefully that won't happen to you.)

5*Mom

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 12:40 am
the world's best mom wrote:
I just want to note that it is probably not an allergy- just an intolerance. 90% of upset stomach in newborns comes from dairy intolerance.

This. (Don't know about *90%* but I'd definitely say most.)

amother

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 2:00 am
Op-
I want to thank each and every one of you who posted here. You really helped me calm down and sleep at night.
I've given up on my decaffe this morning and given up on my long daily walk withbaby so that I cab BF on demand and not use formual. I really hope she's calmer today.
Thanks !

5*Mom

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 3:41 am
amother wrote:
Op-
I want to thank each and every one of you who posted here. You really helped me calm down and sleep at night.
I've given up on my decaffe this morning and given up on my long daily walk withbaby so that I cab BF on demand and not use formual. I really hope she's calmer today.
Thanks !

Ditch the coffee, yes, but keep the walk!! If the timing was inconvenient switch it up and take your walk at baby's naptime. There's nothing like an outdoor nap to soothe and calm a kvetchy baby. And that walk is soooo important for you. Don't give up the walk.

ilovesem

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 3:56 am
This sounds a little like my baby who the Dr just said probably has silent reflux. He jerks himself awake and screams as if in pain at completely random times, and then calms down. He coughs and sicks a little too.

Google it and see if the symptoms sound similar.

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 4:04 am
5*Mom wrote:
This. (Don't know about *90%* but I'd definitely say most.)
My old pediatrician told me this.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 6:18 am
ilovesem wrote:
This sounds a little like my baby who the Dr just said probably has silent reflux. He jerks himself awake and screams as if in pain at completely random times, and then calms down. He coughs and sicks a little too.

Google it and see if the symptoms sound similar.

I'm shocked - the symptoms really match silent reflux! Lots of hick ups and choking, hoarse voice, nit sleeping well (keeps moving in her sleep...),restless and easily awakens by noise , noisy breathing and of course sudden outbursts of crying.
I'm thinking of taking her to the Dr...what do you think? Am I over analysing? Should I wait a few days and see what happens? If it's indeed silent reflux can it only hurt her in the afternoon and evening and not during the day (though the rest of symptoms are also through the day but not the crying)?

And not to worry I'll go back to walking but not as far or as often since I only have a limited time frame and with no bottle I'm even more limited.

5*Mom

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 8:54 am
amother wrote:
I'm shocked - the symptoms really match silent reflux! Lots of hick ups and choking, hoarse voice, nit sleeping well (keeps moving in her sleep...),restless and easily awakens by noise , noisy breathing and of course sudden outbursts of crying.
I'm thinking of taking her to the Dr...what do you think? Am I over analysing? Should I wait a few days and see what happens? If it's indeed silent reflux can it only hurt her in the afternoon and evening and not during the day (though the rest of symptoms are also through the day but not the crying)?

And not to worry I'll go back to walking but not as far or as often since I only have a limited time frame and with no bottle I'm even more limited.

I've had a child with silent reflux. Tried meds and had awful side effects (can't remember what they were, but Ped and I both decided it wasn't worth it and I stopped). What helped was eliminating certain foods from my diet: dairy for sure, onions, garlic, gas producing veggies... It wasn't a physiological problem, it was sensitivity to something in my milk and he eventually outgrew it.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 10:22 am
5*Mom wrote:
I've had a child with silent reflux. Tried meds and had awful side effects (can't remember what they were, but Ped and I both decided it wasn't worth it and I stopped). What helped was eliminating certain foods from my diet: dairy for sure, onions, garlic, gas producing veggies... It wasn't a physiological problem, it was sensitivity to something in my milk and he eventually outgrew it.

Thanks this is really helpful.
I'm actually wondering whether or not to go to the dr for now. I'm thinking maybe it's better to keep off the dairy until Sunday and hope it helps and only go to the dr if there's no improvement. I'm wary of putting my baby on meds if I can help her any other way.
What do you think?

ilovesem

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 10:44 am
My little one seems to have gotten much worse and more unsettled on the meds too so I have stopped them and we'll see what happens.

You've got nothing to lose by going to the DR, you can discuss it properly and get peace of mind.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics