Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Quick and Easy Shabbos Menus PLEASE!!!!

rainbow baby

Post Thu, Feb 08 2007, 8:53 am
I want a really easy Shabbos meu to make this week. I've had a really full and busy week and I'am totally exhausted. It is already nearly 5 on Thursday afternoon and usually by now I have done or dearly done the Shabbos food. This week all I've done is prepare the chicken, I've put potatos at the bottom to save me making kugal. I've also prepared the salmon to cook tomorrow. So does anyone else know what else I could make that is easy, quick and simple?

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Feb 08 2007, 8:55 am
Soup is quick. If that's what you're having for dinner, just make a salad and green beans.
That way you'll have chicken, potatoes, salad, and green beans. That's a good meal.

su7kids

Post Thu, Feb 08 2007, 8:57 am
What do you usually make? This doesn't' sound like much more than I usually make.

We have fish and salads. Usually a big green salad, sometimes a coleslaw or a potato salad, then we have chicken and potatoes and then dessert.

Would your family freak out if you did only that? I used to cook and cook and cook and wipe myself out and then realized that every week I was throwing out left overs which people refused to eat during the week. So I cut down on what I make, and Shabbos is so much more pleasant for everyone.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Feb 08 2007, 9:03 am
Growing up, we always had chicken, potatoes, and salad for shabbos dinner. It was always plenty.

Definitely don't knock yourself out! Most people make waaaaaay too much food for shabbos.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Feb 08 2007, 11:09 am
make a one pot chicken and rice, if your family likes that, or potatoes instead of rice.

you can skip soup if you have to and buy jar fish if your family is okayh with that. or herring or whitefish salad.

salad can be easy cut up veggies done ON shabbos.

buy challas and a brownie mix.

greenfire

Post Thu, Feb 08 2007, 11:15 am
Sounds like a meal to me Make a cake have some tea and you are done in my books. For shabbos day just buy cold cuts & coleslaw.

mumof1

Post Thu, Feb 08 2007, 11:48 am
on a tough week for shabbos lunch I buy herring, kichel and crackers instead of making fish
then I buy chopped liver instead of making sauteed liver, I will still make eggs.
I make chulent, buy cold cuts instead of making deli roll and schnitzel, coleslaw instead of fresh salad, buy potato kugel.
for dessert I buy sorbet.

rainbow baby

Post Thu, Feb 08 2007, 11:53 am
So after discssion with DH we decided on TCP salad and salmon, chicken with potatos at the bottom of the pot followed by ice cream. Oh yeah I have soup already in the freezer. Of course there will be mayo and pickled cucumber.

For Shabbos day we have a Bar mitzvah so I guess the kids and DH will fill up at the kiddush like usual. Then when we come home we will have challah followed by the TCP salad with smoked salmon. And if any one can be bothered I have already cooked pickled brisket roll in the freeze. Followed by ice cream and fruit.

Do you think that sounds okey or do you think I should include something else?

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Feb 08 2007, 12:30 pm
No. That's plenty. Good Shabbos!

Hannah!

Post Thu, Feb 08 2007, 3:35 pm
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Tue, May 06 2008, 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

greenfire

Post Thu, Feb 08 2007, 4:08 pm
Enjoy! - Are you having guests? Why are you so worried it's plenty.

withhumor

Post Thu, Feb 08 2007, 4:13 pm
Instead of putting the potatoes in with the chicken, put t in a pot with any meat that you have. Spice it and let it cook, and that’s a great cholent. You can also grill 2 pieces of chicken breast or use cold cuts and chop it into a salad, which we usually gobble as we make it! You should buy some soup and challah, and bake the fish, it’s more than enough! Don’t forget to buy rugelach!

rainbow baby

Post Fri, Feb 09 2007, 2:52 am
Thanks everyone. TCP is Tomato, pepper and cucumber salad and no I've got no guests this week.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Feb 11 2007, 4:34 pm
Let us know how it went!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus