Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
T-shirts where?

seeker

Post Tue, Sep 17 2013, 9:29 pm
Children's Place used to be my go-to but I feel like their quality has gotten flimsy lately. The last shirts I bought there were practically see-through. Where to next?

Note I shop on sale with coupons and do not intend to spend much on a t-shirt for a toddler. The see-through shirt from TCP was about $2 on clearance with a coupon and free shipping. I could deal with spending a bit more than that, just giving you the idea that I'm not paying $15 at some Brooklyn shell store.

Currently seeking long sleeves for layering (extending summer dresses, basically) for a baby and preschooler, basic white and maybe a couple other colors.

Web or store both fine.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 17 2013, 9:35 pm
H&M. I think they were two for $10 and three for $12. What I like is that they also have them with the snaps on the bottom, yet the top looks like a t-shirt and not like an undershirt. ( they also have reg t-shirts)

OutATowner

Post Tue, Sep 17 2013, 9:40 pm
I'm a big fan of Target shirts. The Circo brand is usually $5, goes on sale for $4 every so often.
Walmart also has and usually shrinks a bit at first but otherwise washes well. They'll take it back if it shrinks too much and you don't like it, though.

seeker

Post Tue, Sep 17 2013, 9:43 pm
Any idea how they run? smaller/larger? My baby is sometimes 9-12 sometimes 12-18.

I have one shirt from H&M and it seems a little thin but otoh it's a hand-me-down so it seems to have survived. Very soft.

Do they sell them in stores?

MamaBear

Post Tue, Sep 17 2013, 9:48 pm
Just my opinion, but I don't think those options are going to be any better than the childrens place.

OutATowner

Post Tue, Sep 17 2013, 10:09 pm
My Target shirts have lasted better than the tcp ones.
In the past I would have said old navy, but those seem to be junkier as well.

Maya

Post Tue, Sep 17 2013, 10:17 pm
Carters?

Cookies n Cream

Post Tue, Sep 17 2013, 10:26 pm
Targets quality is great and they run true to size.
Same goes for H and M

seeker

Post Tue, Sep 17 2013, 10:30 pm
Does Target brand have ones that snap underneath for babies? I looked on their website and didn't see but sometimes you have to look right so if someone tells me they make them then I'll keep looking.

momX4

Post Tue, Sep 17 2013, 10:31 pm
Target and carters.

Carter has coupons and nothing in the store is full price. They also have a rewards program.

My boys have tshirts from old navy, they wore them for 2 years. The ones that got destroyed was from a painting project.

I stopped buying tshirts from childrens place. It is made so junky, not sure why anyone buys them.

I don't like walmarts brand clothing. I find the fabric very rough. They do sell "Wrangler" tshirts which are a bit more but washes and wears well.

momX4

Post Tue, Sep 17 2013, 10:31 pm
seeker wrote:
Does Target brand have ones that snap underneath for babies? I looked on their website and didn't see but sometimes you have to look right so if someone tells me they make them then I'll keep looking.

Yes they do. I haven't purchased those in a while.

syrima

Post Wed, Sep 18 2013, 11:23 am
You are missing the whole point!
The T is tissue thin on purpose so that you can layer it in the summer heat on your baby.
Get with the fashion program. It's either tissue thin or slub material - and that is pretty much everywhere.
if you want the old fashioned hefty cotton, you are out of luck. maybe try lands end or Boden or carters.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Sep 18 2013, 11:38 am
I'm a big carter's fan. look at their website for multi-packs. those are often cheaper per piece. if you find multi-packs in the clearance section and have a coupon, the prices are very nice.

seeker

Post Mon, Sep 23 2013, 12:26 pm
syrima wrote:
You are missing the whole point!
The T is tissue thin on purpose so that you can layer it in the summer heat on your baby.
Get with the fashion program. It's either tissue thin or slub material - and that is pretty much everywhere.
if you want the old fashioned hefty cotton, you are out of luck. maybe try lands end or Boden or carters.

No, even their regular t-shirts (not layering kind, the kind that is obviously meant to be worn alone) were lousy quality this year. Very disappointing. And it's not just the lightness; you can tear it just by looking at it wrong. What's slub?

greenfire

Post Mon, Sep 23 2013, 1:44 pm
I think everything is being made a lot cheaper ... and not even 100% cotton ... frustrating

have you tried hanes ... they make long sleeve t-shirts this time of year ... for the gantze mishpacha

shirachadasha

Post Mon, Sep 23 2013, 3:44 pm
hanes.com
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics