Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Looking for Big Tablecloth

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Aug 19 2013, 3:23 pm
We just received a big dining table -- it's nearly 10 feet long -- and we don't a have tablecloth large enough to cover it.

We're looking to buy a colored (like burgundy) tablecloth for Yontef about 60" x 140". Needs to be stain-resistant and washable, and doesn't cost a mint.

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Aug 19 2013, 3:28 pm
Frankly, your best choice is probably to go to a fabric store like JoAnns and buy fabric, and have someone sew a hem to it.

lkwdmommy

Post Mon, Aug 19 2013, 3:37 pm
Closeout Connections has what you are describing. Are you in NY/NJ?

celesteno

Post Mon, Aug 19 2013, 3:39 pm
I would also second Closeout Connection--although I only know the one in Boro Park, but if you're in the NY/NJ area it might be a good option.

cnp

Post Mon, Aug 19 2013, 3:40 pm
we are also looking for one in England, any leads appreciated.

And congratulations on your new table! Smile

Barbara

Post Mon, Aug 19 2013, 3:46 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
We just received a big dining table -- it's nearly 10 feet long -- and we don't a have tablecloth large enough to cover it.

We're looking to buy a colored (like burgundy) tablecloth for Yontef about 60" x 140". Needs to be stain-resistant and washable, and doesn't cost a mint.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr.....41469

lkwdmommy

Post Mon, Aug 19 2013, 3:51 pm
celesteno wrote:
I would also second Closeout Connection--although I only know the one in Boro Park, but if you're in the NY/NJ area it might be a good option.

There is one in Lakewood also.

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Aug 19 2013, 5:59 pm
Thanks for your help. I called Closeout Connections in Lakewood. They carry 60" x 140" tablecloths but only in white and cream -- as we all know, colors are bad for shidduchim -- good thing I have sons and not daughters! Wink

I just ordered this tablecloth from Amazon: Lenox Opal Innocence red 140" tablecloth, except when I placed my order an hour ago it cost about $65 instead of $90 and had free shipping (different supplier, I guess).

Barbara

Post Mon, Aug 19 2013, 6:00 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Thanks for your help. I called Closeout Connections in Lakewood. They carry 60" x 140" tablecloths but only in white and cream -- as we all know, colors are bad for shidduchim -- good thing I have sons and not daughters! Wink

I just ordered this tablecloth from Amazon: Lenox Opal Innocence red 140" tablecloth, except when I placed my order an hour ago it cost about $65 instead of $90 and had free shipping (different supplier, I guess).

FTR, I have that one in white, and love it. Enjoy your new table.

greenfire

Post Mon, Aug 19 2013, 6:12 pm
loverly ~

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Aug 19 2013, 10:18 pm
I have a couple of these from Bed Bath & Beyond. They wash well and last for a few years of weekly use. Even the 140" one is not that expensive. They come in lots of colors.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Aug 20 2013, 7:58 am
Rutabaga: Wow, those do come in a lot of colors and sizes. I'll keep them in mind when we buy another big tablecloth for Pesach.

mommy27

Post Tue, Aug 20 2013, 12:09 pm
There's a store called the Hive in Baltimore. I've gotten 120 inch tablecloths from her and I think she also carries longer ones. I was very surprised at how reasonable they were, since I was expecting it to be much more (once she told me she had one for only $10 and it was beautiful). I just make sure to tell her my price range up front and she tells me if she has any that fit.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Aug 20 2013, 12:22 pm
Thanks for your suggestion. In fact I did call the Hive before I originally posted yesterday -- my first thought was to help support a small Jewish business with my purchase. Very Happy Unfortunately Orah B. didn't have anything that worked for my decor in 140"+.

Last edited by Rubber Ducky on Tue, Aug 20 2013, 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

greenfire

Post Tue, Aug 20 2013, 12:47 pm
there's discount stores in brooklyn also ... I've gotten nice lenox table clothes for $10 ... one I even cut down to size & made napkins with the remainder

lkwdmommy

Post Tue, Aug 20 2013, 2:17 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:

I dunno. I bought a lovely gold tablecloth there for my 10 foot table, and my friend bought a kind of khaki-greenish one. I also recall seeing burgundy-gold. All in Lakewood. Maybe they are sold out of those colors?

bubbebia

Post Tue, Aug 20 2013, 3:05 pm
Bed Bath and Beyond has burgundy, deep green, etc. tablecloths in the large size. They are pretty, stain resistant and above all, inexpensive. They also come in off white/cream and pastels, depending on the season. I have many of them in different colors and sizes and when they get yucky I toss them and buy new ones because they are so inexpensive. If you don't have a BB&B near you, go online!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics