Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Teriayki chicken with pineapple and pastrami

mom2kids

Post Fri, Aug 09 2013, 4:23 am
I am desperatley seeking the chicken recipe that was posted in the mispacha or binah several years ago before yom tov. It was a chicken cutlet recipe that used teriyaki sauce with pastrami and pineapple. Anyone have the recipe?

rise above

Post Thu, Aug 15 2013, 6:19 am
It's your lucky day- I just took the recipe out to make! (and have a few minutes to type it up)

Pineapple Pastrami Chicken
3 1/2 lbs (1 1/2 kg) chicken cutlets

Batter
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp oil
2 eggs

Additions
extra oil for frying
1 package pastrami
1 20-oz (570 gram) can pineapple tidbits, reserve juice
1 Tbsp teriyaki sauce, or to taste
1 Tbsp cornstarch, combined with 1/2 cup cold water

Directions
Clean chicken cutlets and cut each into half. In large bowl combine batter ingredients until smooth. Heat oil in a large skillet until hot, but not smoking. Dip chicken pieces into batter and place in skillet; fry until chicken is cooked through and batter crust is golden, turning once in middle. Remove chicken to dish and set aside.

Add pastrami to pan and fry until meat begins to curl up a bit and get crispy. Empty pan into chicken dish.
Place pineapple in frying pan and sear, stirring slowly. Pour in 3/4 cup of reserved pineapple juice, add teriyaki sauce and heat through. When juice bubbles, add cornstarch and water mixutre and return to a boil, stirring gently. When sauce begins to thicken, remove from heat. Mix into reserved chicken and pastrami.
Serve warm.

I have frozen this and defrosted straight in warm oven and it was fantastic.

rise above

Post Thu, Aug 15 2013, 6:19 am
Oh and it was from Family First (Mishpacha) September 2011.

Dance2it

Post Sun, Aug 18 2013, 1:35 pm
I made this for Shabbos fri nite, it was amazing!! thanks so much!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes